Monday, April 3, 2023

Progress and moving things forward.

Here it is the start of another week and another month. I have been working hard to get things done, and I am actually saying that I have been able to make some good progress on some of the projects that I have been working on.

I have been a little busier trying to get other things achieved, so that means that the projects that have been my focus haven't got quite as much time as normal, but at least they have moved forward in the last week.

Mini the Forgotten - has got quite a bit of attention over the last month and I think I have added around 5,000 stitches between early March and the beginning of April. The first picture is where it was at the beginning of March, and the third picture is where it was when I put it done last night. It feels so good, seeing that I have been able to make some good progress on this piece in one month. I am now currently at 51.29% completed and will see how much I do in April.

Wedding Shawl - this shawl has continued to be the knitting focus, and it is becoming a little easier to work on each day as the pattern is getting a little easier to remember. Of course, I haven't been able to get in all memorized, but at least I am starting to be able to figure out what row I am working on and also what I need to do.
 
I am enjoying working on this project, but I think I may take a bit of a break from it this coming week to try and get another project closer to a finish. I have a project that I started a few years ago, and I found it a little while ago, and I am thinking that if I could focus on it for a bit, I might be able to get it done. The 30 minutes a day could help me see how close I can get to finish this other project, so that might be what I am going to be doing this week.

One of my goals through this year besides trying to use up lots of yarn is to pull out some of the projects that I have started in the past and try and get them finished. It is nice to start a new project and get it finished, but the projects that were started previously also need to get some time and attention to get finished.

Other projects - of course, my English paper piecing continues to get some attention as I am also trying to get the throws finished. It is going to be interesting to see what I end up working on this week as I am thinking it might be different projects just for a little bit of a change and variety.

I hope everyone is continuing to find that bit of time each day to do something that you enjoy. My knitting has become that project that I love doing each day, and it also has helped me get projects finished. This week I will pull out a different knitting project and see how much of it I can get done.

I hope everyone has a good week, and hopefully I will have some progress on at least a couple of projects to show you next week. Until then, have a great week.




 

No comments: