Monday, April 10, 2023

Moving things forward and a new start

Here it is the start of another week and yes, some different projects came out for a change this past week. We were busier than normal this last week, so I didn't have as much time to craft but I still found a bit of time most days to do something. Part of last week was the take time away from things so crafting did get missed one day.

Pandemic - here is a project that I haven't touched since September 2022, so it came out for a bit of time this past week. It felt nice to work on one small area and try and get it moved forward. I didn't get much done on the piece but at least another 500 stitches got added and now to see when it gets picked up again. I don't think it's going far away but there are other projects that I also want to work on.

Florence Law - This past week it was time for another new start, so I picked up and started Florence Law 1899. Of course, this is another red sampler that was on my list to start so I picked it up and started it on Friday. I hope that this project will be a fairly quick project to do but time will only time given other things I am doing. This project will be roughly 7 inches square when it's completed so just a nice size. This week I am going to try and get some more stitches in on this piece and see how it goes.

Diagonal Garter Shawl - here is a project that has finally come back out. I was going through some of my yarn stash a couple of weeks ago and discovered this shawl. I had been working on this three or four years ago and it just got put aside so I decided it was time to get it out again. Before this week I had about 15 inches to knit before I start the decrease for the end of the shawl. By last night I was at 14 inches knit so hopefully it I continue to work on this shawl this week I might be able to start the decrease of it which would make me feel very good. It is nice when you can find a project that you had on the go and pick it up and see good progress on it quickly.

Other projects - this past week no other projects got touched but that doesn't bother me. Part of the week was set aside as a recharge my personal batteries and do some of the other things that I enjoy doing. No, there weren't craft related but I am feeling like I should not be able to focus on getting things that I need to get done.

I hope everyone continues to take that personal recharge time as it is very important. Sometimes we even need to change up how we do our recharge as that can help a lot. Just making sure that we find some time to do something for ourselves is very important. This week I will see what I work on but I do know that I will be taking that little bit of time for myself each day as it does make me happier when I have the energy to help other around me.

Have a good week and I hope to have some more progress on things to show you next week.





 

No comments: