Monday, January 30, 2023

Keeping my focus

Here it is the start to another week and yes another week of having a bit of progress on things. It does feel good to see that I have at least been able to move things forward. One of the biggest things is I have been able to keep my focus on just a couple of projects, and seeing progress on them is making me feel so much better. Now to see if I can continue to do just that.

Mini the Forgotten - I have been able to continue to move this project forward. It does feel good being able to continue to see progress on this piece, as I would like to continue to work on it and see how much more of it I can get done before I put it down.

This week I continued to work on the actual person and I worked on adding more of the detail to her dress and her head. With it being just a slightly lighter colour, you can't see a lot of the detail yet, but I am finally starting to see that I am getting this piece moved forward. By the time I put it down last night I had completed just over 1,300 stitches on the piece this past week, but with it being all over it is harder to see but at least I know where I have added the stitches.

Elizabeth Wood - here is the other piece that I got some attention this week, and it is getting closer to a finish. After getting all the lines completed it was just a matter of starting to work on getting all the words, letters and numbers completed and that is what I have been working on. 

It has been a lot of fun working on this piece, as I started off by working just a bit of each of the rows, and now I am working on completing each row. Elizabeth did make this project a lot of fun to work on, and being able to just work on a letter at a time makes the piece seem to go a little quicker.  Now that I have got this much done, I am looking forward to seeing this piece completed.

I have enjoyed once again working on a red sampler, and I am looking forward to seeing which one I am going to work on next. My next sampler might not be red, but I know that I do have at least a couple more red samplers ready to be worked on. Years ago, I said that I would never do a sampler and never a red sampler, and now here I am loving the samplers that I do. Of course, in our family the joke is "I don't do red" but I guess I do, given I have lots of DMC 816 sitting waiting to be added to the various red samplers that I have. My big goal would be to stitch a Bristol sampler, which is in red, so now I just need to get the fabric for that piece and decide which one I want to do.

Simple Triangle Shawl - my green shawl is continuing to get a little bit bigger, but the ball of yarn that I am using doesn't seem to be shrinking at all. This is the project that I try and work on a bit at a time, and especially when I have those few minutes when picking up a cross stitch just won't work. I am going to continue to work on this shawl and hopefully before too long it will be completed.

Other projects - I have been working on my English Paper piecing projects, and I am starting to see that I have made progress this month on them. I am thinking that I will do a separate post at the beginning of February just showing how far I have got on the two throws that I am working on. 

Each day I continue to try and do something even for those few minutes that make me happy and helped me recharge my personal batteries. I hope you continue to do the same no matter what it is you do. 

This week I hope to continue to move both Elizabeth Wood and Mini the Forgotten forward and will see what else gets my attention. Have a good week, and hopefully I will have more progress to show you next week.



 


No comments: