Monday, January 9, 2023

Moving things forward

We have now completed the first week of the new year and things are slowly starting to get back to normal for all of us. Well, the normal that we are now going to be having. Of course, as I write this I know that things will probably change again, but at least for now we are starting to get into a routine that is going to work for us.

This last week seemed to go by very quickly, so we will see how things go moving forward, but at least for me, I am thinking that I am getting into a routine that might work. I am going to be continuing to find a bit of crafting time most time.

Mini the Forgotten - here is a project that I have been working on, and it is making me feel good. Of course, I am not sure how much time I will be spending on this project, but will see how much I can get done this year on it.

I am going to continue to work on adding more of the colours to this piece, and hopefully I will see more of it done before too long. This past week I only added one colour to a couple of sections, but at least I have moved this piece forward and that was my goal. I would love to see this project finished, but there are still lots of stitches left to go, so it won't be a quick finish. If I continue to work on this project I will get closer to a finish by the end of the year and that is what I am going to try and do.

Elizabeth Wood 1850 - here is a project that I am enjoying working on. Having a project that is just one colour is nice, as it means that I don't have to think about what colour I need to pick up and work on. As it is a reproductive sampler, there are challenges with it, so it does require me to pay attention to the pattern. The funny thing about writing that sentence is I didn't pay attention to the border for a while and ended up having to take out quite a bit of the border because I didn't see where there was only one stitch in the inner border instead of two.

After a lot of unstitching (frogging) and then restitching, I was able to get the inner border finished, and then I started working on getting the outer border completed. I am going to be trying to make some more progress on this piece this week as I am enjoying working on it and, of course, now I am going to be paying very close attention to the rest of the pattern and not just assume that it is a simple repeat.

My target is to have this piece finished by the end of January, but that is just a rough idea. I am not putting the pressure on myself because I never know when something else will impact my crafting time.

Simple scarf - here is a project that I am trying to work on a little bit each day.  Having the variegated yarn that I am currently adding to the scarf means that I just have to knit and not think about colour or anything, as the yarn is doing all the work for me.

I am going to be working on getting this scarf done, and then I will be picking up another one of my projects that I have on the go to see if I can get it finished. There are projects that I would like to start, but until I can get some of my knitting projects finished, I am not going to be trying to start something new. This scarf still needs another two sections added after I finish this ball of yarn, so it isn't going to be finished within a couple of days, but I am going to continue to focus on it so that I can get it done before too long.

Other projects - I have started to join motifs to both of my English Paper piecing throws, but neither of them look like they have changed much since the last time I took a picture, so I will wait until I have more done on them.

This week, I am not sure how much time I will have each day to do things that I enjoy doing, but I will make sure that I spend a bit of time doing something and recharging my own personal batteries.  I hope everyone else continues to find that bit of time each day to do something that you enjoy. 

If things go as planned, I hope to have some more progress on things to show you next week. Have a good week and remember that we all need those bits of time for ourselves so that we can be there to help others around us.






No comments: