Monday, January 23, 2023

Moving projects forward

Here it is the start of another week and I can say that I have been able to move some of my projects forward at least a little bit this past week. Of course, there are other things that take my time, but at least seeing some progress on things is making me feel a little better.

I have been busy doing a lot of things lately and right now I am going to try and still spend that bit of time each day making progress on my projects as that does help me feel better about everything.

Mini the Forgotten - this was the focus over the weekend as I am working on getting more of this piece moved forward. I am loving how it is slowly started to appear. I originally was only going to work on adding one of the colours to this project at a time, but now I am just working on what I want to work on, and that makes me happy.

It has been fun working on this project as after I have spent part of a weekend working on it, I can start to see more of the detail start to appear. Of course, when I am doing the actual stitching I am just too close to it, so the detail doesn't show up until I can step back and look at the piece. 

I am going to continue to try and work on this piece on a weekend because it gives me the time that I need to work on it. It's a large project and to see any progress you need to spend the time working on it. I currently don't have a goal of when I will finish this project, but I am enjoying working on it, and that's what is important.

Elizabeth Wood, 1850 - this project got some attention during the last week, and I was able to get all the cross lines completed. Most of the lines were easy to work on because one you got started on the pattern it was a simple repeat, but of course there was one row that I needed to make sure I paid attention to so that I didn't miss the little differences in the pattern.

Now that the cross-dividing rows are completed, it's time to start working on filling in all the letters and words, and hopefully they will come along quickly. I am looking forward to seeing this piece finished, but it does mean that I will need to pick it up and focus on it for a little bit.

I would like to see this project completed soon, but I am just saying that it will be finished when it's done. This week I am going to be trying to make bits of progress on it, but I will just have to see how much time I have available to work on it.

It does feel good focusing on just a couple of my pieces instead of bouncing all over, which I have done in the past. Once Elizabeth Wood is finished I am going to be pulling out New Doors as that one needs some attention, and then I will see how it goes after that.

Simple Triangle Shawl - here is a project that got picked up this week as I wanted something that I could work on while listening to webinars and when I have those few minutes to work on something. It is nice when I can spend those few minutes just knitting and not having to think about a pattern.

Forage Shawl - I did get a bit pf progress on this piece in the last week, but not as much as I originally thought I would.

This project is nice to work, but when I pick it up, I want some time when I can focus on it for a bit. The pattern is easy to work on, but you do need to pay attention to it, so not something that I want to be working on while I am trying to pay attention to a webinar.

Other projects - I did work on the simple scarf in the last week and right now it is just waiting for me to sew the ends in on it, and then I will take a picture of it. I was able to finish off the last colour on that scarf last week, so that is why the Simple Triangle Shawl came back out.

My English Paper piecing projects are also getting some attention and that is making me feel good. Those projects take quite a while before you see progress, so that is why I haven't been taking pictures of them.

I hope everyone is finding that bit of time each day to take time for yourself. It is so important to ensure that you take the time to recharge your personal batter because you need the energy in yourself to be there for others. This week my goal is to work on my projects when I have the time and I will see what I can get done. 

If things go well, I should have some progress on things to show you next week, but time will tell. Have a good week and enjoy your time doing what you enjoy doing.
 

No comments: