Monday, November 28, 2022

One crazy week

Here it is the start of another week and hopefully this week will be a little better for me craft wise.

Of course, things have been busy for us, and now we are going to try to get into a routine that is going to work for us, as this last week we were busy, and things were a little off.  Now that things are settling down, I think we will be able to see progress on a few things, or at least I hope that I will.

Cross stitch - well there is no cross stitch project to show you and that is because I have been working on a secret project that I cannot show you. This has been the main focus for the last couple of week, so now that it is finished I hope that I can also get back to stitching some more or at least getting more crafting done that I can show. I have loved working on the project and hope that the person that receives it likes it as well.

Simple Triangle Shawl - of course, when I had those few minutes each day, I was able to spend it working on one version of the Simple Triangle Shawl. These shawls do work up relatively quickly, and I hope to have a few more of these made so that I can possibly have them as items at a craft sale, or I could also donate these to a charity.

I like working on these shawls because they do work on quickly, and it is something that I can just work on when I have those few minutes between the various things that I am working on. This pattern is also great when you are attending a webinar, and you just have to listen, and you don't have to have your camera on.

Of course, I finished this shawl on the weekend and immediately had to go and figure out some yarn that I could use for this next version of the shawl. This version of the shawl may be bigger because I do have a bit more of this yarn. This yarn is closer to a solid colour, but it does have a bit of variation of the shades, so that is nice. Now to see how much I can get done on this shawl this week, as I do have two webinars to attend and both of them are just me listening to the presentation.

English paper piecing - last night I decided that instead of working on my knitting or figuring out the next cross stitch project that would get my attention, I would work on some more motifs.

It felt great working on these, and it was rather difficult to stop making them, but it was time for bed, so I put them down and will see how many I can get done this week. One thing I do like about these motifs is they are quick to make and something that I can do when I want to relax, and it doesn't involve a lot of concentration. 

Other projects - I haven't been working on any other project in the last week, as I was focusing on getting the secret project completed.

I hope everyone is finding that time each day to do something that you enjoy doing for yourself. It is important that each of us takes that little bit of time each day to recharge your personal batteries so that we can be there for others.

Hopefully next week I will have more projects or at least progress to show you, as I think I now have things a little more organized and know what I would like to be working on. Until next week, have a good week and enjoy your personal time.






No comments: