Monday, November 21, 2022

A bit of progress and a quick finish

Here it is the start of yet another week and another week of I am not sure what I will be getting accomplished. Live is starting to get back to being busy, so I am now juggling and trying to find some time when I can focus on my crafting, even for a little while. I do make sure that I take a little bit of time each day no matter what to take time for myself.

This time of year, is always a little busier than other times of the year, so now to see how the rest of 2022 goes.

Mini the Forgotten - I did pick up this project for a little while this weekend and I got a few more stitches in. I am still working on getting the black completed on the entire project. I am looking forward to seeing the piece once all the black is completed. I will take it off the q-snap at that point just to see where I am on the piece.

I am enjoying working on this piece, and it is so different from how I have stitched any of my other full coverage pieces. I figured I would try doing it this way, so that is why I am doing all the black on the piece before working on a lot of the other colours. I did start working an entire section at a time, but then thought I would try this method instead. I will figure out what I like doing best.

Holly - here is a project that I started quickly after I received the pattern in an email newsletter. This pattern is from Hello From Liz Matthews, and it was sent in her latest newsletter. Of course, I looked at it and decided that I could get it stitched up quickly, so after a trip to the local Michael's to get the floss that I was missing, it was time to sit down and get it done. I loved how quickly it worked on, and within a few hours I went from looking at a pattern to having a piece finished.

The project is nice and small as it is only 27 x 33 so something that you can stitch up quickly. I do think I will probably be stitching some more of these, as I think they would make some nice ornaments. I am glad that I picked up the floss and got the first one completed.

Simple Triangle Shawl - here is the project that got the most attention this week. I decided after finishing the last shawl that I wanted to continue making this shawl, so I grabbed another ball of yarn and immediately started another version of it. I was also looking forward to seeing how quickly I could get one of these shawls done. I set a goal of 7 hours knitting on the shawl for the week, and by last night I had done those 7 hours. I am very happy with the progress that I made on the shawl, and I am looking forward to seeing how much longer it is going to take me to finish it.

I am loving working on this pattern as it is something that is easy to pick up and put down. Just having one row to do makes it nice for a change, and this shawl is also a nice way to use up some of my yarn stash.

Other projects - I haven't worked on any other projects this past week, so will see what happens this week. I know that I have a few other things that I should be working on, so will see how it goes.

I hope that everyone is trying to find those few minutes each day to do something for yourself. I know that being able to spend the time knitting or stitching has helped me refocus, and it has made it easier to handle everything that has been doing on. Have a good week, and hopefully I will have things to show you next week that I got moved forward.




 

No comments: