Monday, August 8, 2022

Getting things moving forward

Here it is the start of another week and yes I have been able to get more progress on a few things. I hope that this week I can continue to see more progress on things. The weather here is currently hot and humid, so it is making it difficult to get a lot of stuff done, but I have at least been able to spend a bit of time working on a couple of projects, so that makes me feel a little better.
Sewn in Friendship - this week I pulled out a project that I had been working on a bit at a time. I don't think I even had shown this one before. I am enjoying seeing how quickly I was able to make progress on this piece. It is a lot of fun when you can quickly see something come to life after only working on it a thread or two at a time.
I am going to try and continue on this piece over the next couple of weeks, as I think I should be able to get it finished if I just focus on it.

Pine Forest Baby Blanket - I have continued to work on this baby blanket, and I am loving how it is turning out. I am currently working on getting the rest of the pattern rows done, and hopefully this will also be done very soon.

I have now finished two balls of yarn for this blanket and am onto the third ball and this should finish the blanket. I still have about 13 more patterns to knit on this blanket, so hopefully once it cools down a bit I will be able to get back to making progress on this. 
Other projects - I am continuing to work slowly on my English paper piecing motifs and sewing them together, and over the last couple of weeks I haven't made a lot of progress. Again, once the weather cools down a little, and it is easier to hold onto things, I hope to be able to continue to make good progress on a bunch of the projects that are currently sitting and waiting to be worked on.

I hope everyone is able to spend a few minutes each day doing something that you enjoy. You might not be able to get a lot of something done, but at least those few minutes helps you recharge your own person batteries, and it makes dealing with everyone else a little easier.

This week I hope to continue to find bits of time when I can sit and work on my various projects, and maybe I will have more to show you next week. Have a good week and if you are dealing with the extreme heat and humidity, please take care of yourself and try and stay cool.






 

No comments: