Monday, August 15, 2022

A couple of finishes

Here it is the start of another week and the area coming in my window is a little cooler, so that does feel nice. We continue to be busy with a lot of things, so now to figure out how to get everything done quickly, and then also see if I can continue to move some of my craft projects forward.

This past week, I have had a pretty good week of focusing on projects and moving them forward. I hope that this coming week will be similar.

Sewn in Friendship - I picked up this piece again this week as I wanted to see if I could move it forward and get it closer to being finished.

By Saturday, I was looking at the piece and figured that I could get it finished by Sunday, so that was my goal. I decided that after doing some knitting, this was going to be my focus to see how much I could get done. So, Saturday afternoon I decided to enjoy sitting out on a balcony and I took this project with me to work on. After a couple of hours, I was very happy to say that I finished this project. I love how it turned out, and it didn't take me too long once I picked it up and focused on working on it.

Now I have the issue of what project will I be picked up next. I am not sure what I want to work on, as I would like to pick up something that I haven't worked on for a bit.

Pine Forest Baby Blanket - I have continued to work on this baby blanket over the last week and have been loving how quickly it works up. I continued to work on it with a goal of a minimum of 4 rows a day on it, and it worked, as I was able to move the project forward quicker than I originally thought.

Saturday, I was getting close to getting this project finished, and so I picked it up first thing in the morning and started to work on getting the last 4 patterns completed. I wasn't sure if it was going to be a finish on Saturday or Sunday, but my goal was to get it done before the end of the weekend.

I did work on it for a while on Saturday, and I was very happy to see that I got all the rows done that I wanted, and I was able to finish it. Yes, the pine forest baby blanket is now finished, and the ends are also sewn in.

Now, my goal is to find another baby blanket that I can work on and see how quickly I can get the next one done. It made me very happy to see the blanket finished.

Other projects - this past week, I didn't work on any of my other projects because I was focused trying to get these two projects done. I am now sitting with both of the projects finished and now need to figure out what I am going to work on now.

I have lots of projects that I started, so now to figure out what I want to work on so that I can move something else forward quickly.

I hope everyone has been able to find those few minutes each day to take time for yourself. I know that being able to have something that I want to get finished helps me focus on taking that time for me. Some days it is only 15 - 30 minutes, but at least I have that little bit of time when I can relax and recharge my own batteries.

Hope everyone has a good week, and now my goal is to figure out my projects that I am going to be working on this week. Please let me know if you have any suggestions as to what I should pull back out and work on.





No comments: