Monday, August 29, 2022

A finish, new starts, and progress

Here it is the start of another week and hopefully things will go smoothly again this week. The weather can't decide if it isn't going to be hot and humid or if it is going to cool down a bit. I think this week we are going to have another mix of weather.

I continue to work on getting a lot of things done around here as well as getting all the work done, so that means that I do the crafting when I can find some time.

Turquoise - here is the project that I had as my focus, as I wanted to see how much of it I could get done before the end of August. I hadn't worked on this piece since early February and of course had a lot of work to go on it, but I am very happy with the progress that I have been able to make.

Turquoise was completed over the weekend, and it makes me very happy to see that I was able to get it finished. You may think that this is a large piece, but it measures 4.5 inches square, but it is full coverage, so there are lots of stitches in this piece.

I am happy with how it turned out, and now I am trying to figure out how I am going to finish it as I would like it displayed in my office area before too long. It is always nice when you finish a project, and given this hadn't got a lot of attention until this month, I am happy to see it finished.

Summer Bower - as soon as I finished Turquoise, it was time to start another project, and this one is a lot smaller or at least as a lot few stitches in it. I hope that I can get this piece done a lot faster than Turquoise. 

As Summer Bower is a single colour, I decided it was time to work on another red project. This week I hope that I can make some good progress on it.

Pine Forest Baby Blanket - here is a project that I started this week and of course I love the pattern, so it does work on quickly. This yarn is sports weight, so this blanket should end up a little smaller than the last one I made, but I am loving how quickly it is working up. I am now going to put a marker on it, so I can see how much I can get done in the next week.

Wavy Lace Scarf - I am still working on my scarf and I try and work on it a little bit each day, and it is a great project to work on when I have those few minutes to just focus on something, but it is easy to put down when I need to.

I did put a marker on this piece, and I was able to make some good progress this week. I hope that this coming week I will once again be able to make some good progress on it. I am still working on the first ball of yarn so now sure how long it is going to be, but it is a lot of fun to work on and now to see how things go this week.

Other projects - as you can see, I was working on a few projects this week, so other projects didn't get a lot of attention. I am not sure what this coming week is going to be like, so will see what gets the attention.

I hope everyone is finding that bit of time each day to do something that you like doing, I know that there have been days when I haven't had a lot of time, but at least I take those few minutes to pick up a project and relax.

Next week I would like to have more progress to show you, so that means that I am going to have to find the time to work on some of these projects and maybe get them moved forward. Have a good week and I will show you what I was able to get done next week.




 

No comments: