Monday, April 11, 2022

Where did the week go

Here it is Monday morning, and part of me is wondering where the last week went. I do know where it went, and it was taking time for me, but not getting a lot of crafting done. Yes, I continued to take that time for myself each day, but it was reading, journaling and doing some of the other things that I like to do.

New Doors - I did have a new start this past week, and it was New Doors by Ink Circles, when I saw this pattern I knew I needed to stitch it, so it was added to my start list and moved up very quickly to the top of the list. This design called for over-dyed floss and I got all that was needed for the piece, which meant it took a little longer before I could start it.

This week I hope that I can spend some time working on this piece as I would be happy to see some good progress on it. I do know that being able to focus on a project always makes me feel good, so now to see how this one goes. It might be the focus piece, or it might not, as I haven't decided on that yet.

Toques - I continue to work on getting some toques worked on, and this week I have two on the go. Of course, I am using two different patterns, so that means that I can have a bit of a variety when it comes to the knitting that I have been doing. I am now looking forward to seeing if I can get these two toques finished, and then I will decide which ones I work on next. I have quite a few patterns and lots of yarn, so just trying to use up some yarn would make me feel great.

Other Projects - this past week I decided to take some time and just work on recharging my own personal battery, so I didn't force myself to work on projects when I just wanted the time to relax and do bits of things that I haven't done for a while. 

I hope everyone continues to find the time each day to do something that you enjoy and which helps you recharge your own personal battery. You may not see progress on the things that you do, but just making sure that you are taking time for yourself is what is important.

Next week I will see what I have to show you, as I do have some plans for what I want to work on this week so we will see what happens.

No comments: