Monday, April 25, 2022

Moving things forward

Here it is the start of another week and now to see what I can get done. It would be nice to see more progress on quite a few things, so that is going to be one of my goals for this week. Quite a few of the things I want to move forward aren't craft related, so they aren't going to be something that you will see here. 

The Forgotten - here is a piece that I pulled out this week to see if I can get it moved forward a bit, and I did. I was able to get a few more stitches in on it, so I haven't touched this piece since January. It felt good seeing a bit more progress on it, and now to see when it will come out again.

Of course, when you are mainly working on black, you don't see a lot of the progress until you look at it after you have done all the stitching you are doing at that time.

Toques - this past week I was able to actually finish the toque that I have on the go and finish another one. I wasn't sure if I would get that much done, but am very happy to see that I got them both done. 

This year, I am trying to work on getting quite a few different toques made so that I can donate them to charity in the fall. I haven't been able to focus much on them yet, but I am thinking now that I have seen some good results, I may try and get more of these toques and the other pattern also made before too long.

We were in a Michael's the other day, and we noticed that yarn seems to be harder to find, and I am happy that I have the yarn that I can use to make these hats and don't have to rely on getting any for a while.

Sea Opal - this is a pattern that I have been holding on to for a while and have wanted to start it. I kept putting it off because of all the other things that I am stitching, but this weekend decided it was time to put a few stitches in on it. This piece is by Heaven and Earth, and I am doing the mini version, but it is still going to be 18 inches square when it is done. 

I didn't get a lot of stitches in, but at least I have started this project and will now try and work on it a bit at a time so that I can see some good progress on it throughout this year. After I finished stitching on this piece over the weekend, I looked to see how much I had done, and I have completed 0.25% of the entire pattern, so yes, it is going to take a while to get it done.

Other projects - this past week I didn't work on any other craft projects, and the biggest project I worked on was getting my office area more organized. I have been doing bits of this for quite a while, but this past weekend I decided it was time to focus on getting things back to where they belonged and figure out a better way to organize things. I think most of us going through this process every so often, and this weekend was my turn.

I hope everyone is continuing to find that time each day to do something for yourself. It does make such a difference when you can spend those 10 or 15 minutes just doing something for you. Have a good week and hopefully next week I will have some progress on something to show you.





No comments: