Monday, August 9, 2021

Moving projects forward and a new start

Here it is the start of another week and yes another week of working remotely, but that is fine with me.  I like being able to work like this, and we did it before the pandemic, so nothing has changed other than the restrictions we deal with when we leave home.

I continue to try and move things forward a bit each day and that is what is important right now.  We are getting hot and humid this week, so I think things are going to slow down a bit.

The Forgotten - I have continued to work on this piece a bit each day and am happy with the progress that I have been able to make on it.

This week I worked on more of the black as I wanted to get more of her dress completed.  I am happy with how it is turning out and now this week I will see if I continue with the black or will I start filling in some of the other colours that are in her dress.  I guess I will figure that out when I pick this piece up to work on.  It continues to get a few stitches in each day and that is helping me more this project forward, even if it isn't fast.
Pandemic - I was able to work on this a bit this week and get a bit more of the outlines done for a couple of the sections. I know that this project is going to be a long term project so even getting some stitching in on it makes me feel good.  I would like to see if I can get more of the outlines done before too long.

One of the biggest challenges with this piece is the piece of fabric is 27 inches wide, so it makes it difficult to hold when I am not sitting where my Lowery stand is. I love my Lowery stand as it makes holding these big projects so much easier.

Unleash the Butterflies - well here is the piece that I have been working on for the Olympics medals that Canada on during the Summer Olympics.  It ends up that the medals resulted in a total of 840 stitches that I need to get done on this piece.  I have finished just under 460 stitches so far so will continue to work on this piece until I have got the remaining stitches in.  I am trying to focus on one area of the piece so that I can also see some results on it.

I am enjoying stitching for the medals that we won so now to get that finished up in the next couple of weeks, and then I will see what happens.  I think this project will take a bit of a break after those stitches are done.

Autumn - I decided that it was time for a new start, so I picked this piece up, and I am looking forward to having it hanging in my home before too long.  I know it isn't going to be extremely fast, but I would like to see some good progress on this piece before the end of the month.

I have finished the outline of the entire piece, and now it is just the filing in of the various designs that make up this piece.  It feels good working on something that isn't full coverage, and I am starting to see results even after just a few days of stitching.  I hope that doing this will also make me want to pick up some of the other projects that I have around that haven't been touched for far too long.

Other projects - I have decided to try and organize all of my various cross stitch projects that I have, and I discovered quite a few projects that will need to get completed.  I have started putting together a spreadsheet for all the cross stitch projects, and then I will start working on getting things completed instead of them sitting around and not getting the attention that they should have had. Hopefully before too long, you will start to see other pieces that I will be trying to get finished up.

I hope everyone continues to find a bit of time each day to do the things that are you love to do.  It doesn't need to be long, but at least taking time for your helps you have the energy to help others. This week is supposed to be hot and humid here, so if you are dealing with weather like we are, stay cool, and hopefully I will have some progress next week on at least a couple of my projects.

 

No comments: