Monday, August 30, 2021

More progress and finishes

Here it is another week, and we have continued to deal with the heat and humidity, so I am happy to have something to show for this week.  The forecast says this is the last day with the crazy humidity, but we will just wait and see.

Autumn - this weekend I was able to put a few stitches in on Autumn and have started the second house on the piece.  The houses seem to take a long time to do so it feels good being able to get some of it done even if it isn't finished yet.  I hope that I can continue to work on this piece and maybe get the second house filled in with the main colour and maybe even start the roof on it.

I would like to see more of this piece moved forward, but I am thinking that I might try and work on something else for a while this week, as I do have a busy schedule. I might try and work on this a little, as it is a long weekend coming up here in Ontario, so that might help me get more progress on things.

I still hope to have this piece done and on the way this fall, so that means that I am going to have to continue to work on it.  I think I can do it even if it isn't my true focus piece.  Right now I don't have one of those, and it is making me feel great.

Modern Nordic - here is a piece that was started in 2019 and didn't get any attention after it was started. I had worked two days on this piece, and then it was put away until it came back out this week so that I could see if I could get it finished.

This was my focus for the week as I wanted to get it finished up so that I could have another quick finish, so that is what I did this week. Being able to sit and focus on this made me feel good because it was one colour and that meant that I could just stitch and not worry about changing colours.  This project was also good this week, given how hot and humid it was out.

I am thinking that now that I have finished up a couple of the projects that were started a while ago I am going to try and continue to move some of these forward.  I think it would be really nice to see that I have been able to get more of these projects finished up instead of them sitting with just some stitches in on them.

Baby afghan - here is another project that has been on the go for some time.  It was started in the spring this year and I have only worked on it bits at a time, so that is why I haven't posted pictures of this before now.  I always felt that one or two rounds didn't show much progress, but now this is finished. 

This is a basic granny square using two colours of yarn that I had.  I wanted to get another afghan completed and when I was looking at my yarn I found these three balls of yarn so figured that I would just work them into a simple pattern, and then they were done.  It felt good getting this done, as this was something that I would work on a bit at a time sitting on the balcony in the evenings.


We are still dealing with the fourth wave of Covid-19 here and that isn't great.  The case numbers keep raising, so now sure what is going to be happening with restrictions.  For us, we continue to be extremely careful, so will see how things go.

I hope everyone continues to find a bit of time each day to do something for yourself.  I know that even the 10 or 15 minutes that I have found some days has helped a lot.  It has given me the energy and strength to deal with everything else that is going on around us.  Have a good week, and hopefully I will have a bit of progress to show you again next week.





 

No comments: