Monday, August 23, 2021

Anoter week with some progress

 Here it is the start of another week and I can honestly say that I am getting tired of the heat and humidity that we are currently dealing with. I do enjoy the summer but when it is so hot that you can't do anything that is when I don't like the weather.  We have been having temperatures in the low 30C but with the humidity up to 40C over the last week, and it is to continue until at least the end of this week.

Autumn - one of the projects that I have been working on it Autumn as I would like to see it finished and hanging on my wall before the end of Autumn this year.  I worked on finishing up the fence and then started to work on the roof of the house.  It doesn't take long to see some good progress on this piece, so now to see how much more of it I can get done before too long.

I am currently trying to figure out an easy method of moving this piece forward, as I don't think it would really take long to get it done. What I might try and do is work on putting one thread in on this piece each day, and maybe that will help me see some more progress on it.

I have finished one of the colours already on this piece and that was the fence and roof, and now I am thinking that I just need to focus on getting little bits of this done and I think I will be a lot happier with what I have been able to accomplish. Let's see what this looks like after this week, as I would love to see more of it done.

Krozwyrd - here it the piece that got all of my attention this weekend. I decided to work on getting more of the blocks for the letters done, and it made me feel very happy to see how much I was able to get done.  The blocks do work up quickly, so that also helps.

It makes me happy to see how much of this piece I was able to get done over the weekend.  I have now reached the top of the design, and I am going to now work on reaching the bottom of the piece, just to take sure that my fabric really is the right size for the design.

I like this piece because the letters are one colour and the rest of the design is another colour, so it does seem to work up a little quicker because I don't need to figure out what colour I need next.  I love being able to just thread my needle and go, and then see how much I can get done. 

I am not sure which projects I will be working on this week as I would like to also start to work on getting some of the other projects that I have started finished.  I have a lot of those projects, and maybe it is time for me to start pulling them out and also giving them even a bit of time each week.

Infinity scarf - this week I also decided it was time to pull out some yarn and see if I could get it used up.  The yarn that I am using for this scarf was gifted to me by a friend. The yarns were from an advent calendar last year, so I have parts of 24 balls of yarn. My friend used the yarn for a different cowl, but I weighed what was left and figured out that this scarf would work, so I started it and am now on the 4th colour of the yarn.  I didn't lay out the yarns to figure out which colour was going where so what I am doing it putting my hand in the bag and just grabbing the next ball.  It is fun and I figure that considering it is going to be wrapped around my next a few times you aren't going to be able to really see the order of the colours. This project is a nice quick knit, so it makes for something that I can just pick up and work on when I have a few minutes.

Other projects - I do have a lot of other projects that I would like to get back to working on, so I am thinking that this week I might see when I have available and then try and work on some of those things. I am not sure what I will be working on, but hopefully next week I will have something to show you.

I hope everyone is continuing to stay safe, and you find a bit of time each day to do something that you enjoy doing.  We are continuing to stay home as much as possible and given how the cases here are once again going up I think we will be staying home for a while longer.  Have a good week and hopefully next week I will have things to show you.






No comments: