Monday, August 16, 2021

Progress, a finish and a new start

Here it is the start of another week and yes I was able to make some progress on a few things even with the heat that we were dealing with.  We were able to spend some time on the balcony which helped, so that is how I was able to get some progress done.

The Forgotten - I have been working on this piece but not as much as I have been, so it is now going to be only worked on a bit at a time.  I love this piece but have to admit that after working on it for a while the colours start to get a little boring.  

I am not putting this piece away, but it won't be getting quite as much attention as it has been getting.  I think a bit of a break from it on a regular basis would be a good idea.  I will continue to try and work on it a bit each week, but it won't be something that I work on all the time.

I know that I love the full coverages that I have on the go, but there are times when you just need a bit of a break from them. I do have lots of other projects that I can work on.

Krozwyrd - here is a new start this week and as you can imagine I am loving the colours of this piece.  It was designed to be one colour, but I decided that I would do two shades of blue on it, and so far it has been coming along quickly. I am going to try and continue to get some more of the words done, and then I will work on filling in the background stitching, as there is a lot of that as well. This is the piece that got most of my attention this week after I started it, but that is fine, as I think the change has helped.

Autumn - here is the piece that got part of yesterday on it.  I am working on making sure that I can continue to get more of this piece stitched, as it would be nice to have it finished and hanging before the end of autumn.

I am continuing to build the first house and I will also see what else I can get stitched as there are quite a few different things that are part of this pattern.  This time I started working on the fence and how to get the fence completed and then see what I work on next.  This house is a good size and there is another house beside it, so they are the main parts of this piece, so I need to work on getting them finished up.

I am now thinking that I need to work on the very bottom section of the design so that I can continue to work up on it so that I can see the top of the piece as well. Under the fence there are some acorns that I need to do, so that is something that I will have to work on soon.

Other projects - this week I was going through a bunch of kits that I have ready to go and found this ornament that didn't need a lot of work done on it.

I think finishing the dragon took me under an hour to do, and I already head the other part completed, so now I just need to add a hanger to it, and it will be ready to hang on our tree this year.  

I have been sorting out all the different cross stitch kits and projects that are either started or ready to be started, so I think over the next while there are going to be some smaller finishes getting done.

Once the cooler weather is here I think I will be trying to make a dent in the projects that I have ready to go.  A lot of the projects that I found were from when I was going to the Creative Festival and taking classes.  Maybe, now, it is time to get those class projects out and finished.

I hope everyone is having a good summer, and you are finding some time each day to do something for yourself.  It doesn't matter what you do as long as you make sure that you take the time.   We all need to remember to take care of ourselves so that we have the energy to take care of others.

Have a great week.




No comments: