Monday, May 3, 2021

Some progress this week

Here it is the start of another week and yes I think things are slowly starting to improve, but it is going to be taking a while.  We continue to be in lockdown and will be for another three weeks so will see how things go.

Working remotely continues and that is something that for us, we have done even before the pandemic, so things haven't changed much.  The being able to go to a coffee shop or sit on a patio that is what has changed and hopefully that will start to open up again soon. Vaccinations continue to be administered and currently just over 40% of all Ontario adults have their first dose.  Now we just wait to hear when we can start to get our second dose.

In Our Garden Many Flowers Bloom - this piece once again got a bit of attention and I have finished one colour of the flower stems.  I love how quickly this piece is stitching up, and I am looking forward to seeing if I can get more of it done this week.  It is fun to see all the bright colours because that isn't something that I normally stitch with.

This week I hope to continue to add a bit more to this piece as it would be nice to see this project completed soon.  I do have a few other projects that I would like to work on, so I need to get this piece done before the other ones can be added.

Mini Forget Me Not - I continue to work on this piece each day, and I am making progress on it.  I continue to work on some larger areas of colour, but I have also started to fill in some other colours as well.

This week I decided to see if I could get part of the fairy added, so I got most of her hair done, and I have also worked on both her arm and face.  The arm is just below the bottom of the picture.

If things go well this week I will continue to add more colours to her as well as some bigger sections.  I love how more and more of the design is starting to appear, and I can't wait until I start to add the flowers that are at the top. This piece has been very enjoyable to work on especially with it having the larger sections of colour as well as the little bits of colour in various areas.  I know that before long I will be working on just the top section of the piece but until then I will continue to bounce down and see if I can get rest of her finished up so that I can have a picture of her.

English Paper Piecing - I didn't get any motifs added to the throw in the last week as I was working on getting some other things done.  I will see what I can get done this week as it would be nice to see the entire throw attached, and then I can work on the quilting of it. 

Socks - once again I haven't finished knitting the two socks that I just need to finish up, but I have been able to make a bit of progress on another one.  I love having a sock on the go for when I am attending a webinar or a social via the computer. Now to see if I can finally get those two socks finished up as with all the webinars coming up I think I better make sure that I have more socks available to work on.


Of course, I have other projects on the go but will be taking pictures of them once they are at a point where you can see some detail.  I am happy being able to spend a bit of time each day doing something that I love as it makes handling everything else just a bit easier.

I hope you find some time each day to do something that you love doing.  It doesn't matter how long you spend but at least taking that bit of time for yourself ensures that you have the energy to help others around you.  Continue to stay safe and take care of yourself and others around you and then hopefully before too long we will all be able to get back to doing all the things that we miss.



 

No comments: