Monday, May 31, 2021

A bit of progress

 It is hard to believe it is Monday already.  I am not sure where the last week went but now to see how this week goes.  

Covid-19 is still resulting in our lockdown, but it sounds like things might start to open up by the middle of June as case numbers are finally starting to go down.

Mini Forget Me Not - this past week I decided to work on one area of the piece so that I could see how much of it I could get done.  I decided to pick one colour and then see how far it went and am very happy with the progress that I was able to make.

I continue to work on this piece each day and being able to do that means that I have been able to make some good progress on it. I have passed the 85% complete on the piece and now have just under 6,000 stitches to go.  Yes, that is still a lot of stitching, but I am enjoying how it is turning out.  This week I will continue to work on sections of the piece at a time so that I can see how much more of it I can see completed.

I am looking forward to seeing this piece finished and now to see if I can get it done before it's anniversary of when I started it.  I think I can but will have to see how it goes.

Emily Ann Foster - this piece got some more attention as well this week, and it was a lot of fun stitching on it.  After I finished the second row of the motifs I decided that I was going to work one thread on each row until I got to where the bottom section starts.  It has been a lot of fun working that way because it means that I am seeing what each motif section looks like as well as getting some alphabets done.  I am now at the point where I have the numbers and one more motifs row because I stop and work on these sections until they are done.  

I am going to continue to work one thread at a time on each of these rows as it is a lot of run seeing the progress that way.  I would like to see how much of this I can get done, but I won't be focusing on it until Mini Forget Me Not is done. This piece is stitching up pretty quickly, so that makes me feel good.  I am looking forward to seeing it done as well, but it is going to have to wait for a bit.

Other stuff - I am working on a few other projects but a lot of them are in more of the planning and starting stages.  I know that once I have finished Mini Forget Me Not I want to have some other projects to work on, so that is part of what the planning is about.

We continue to work remotely and are now waiting to hear when it is time for us to get our second vaccine.  Have to admit that I can't wait to hear that it is our turn so will see when that happens.  I hope everyone continues to find a bit of time to do the things that you enjoy each day.  I am going to continue to work on Mini Forget Me Not each day and will see what it looks like next week. 

Stay safe and remember even a few minutes each day of doing things you enjoy is good for you. 




No comments: