Monday, March 29, 2021

Some progress in the last week.

Mini Forget Me Not
Here it is the start of another week and yes we are still in the same position as we have been in for far too long.  We are still working remotely and the number of cases in Ontario has started to go back up again.  Vaccinations are rolling out, and I am looking forward to when it is our turn to get it.

Mini Forget Me Not - this week I was able to make some progress on this piece, and I am feeling very good about it.  The first thing I did this week was finish another page, so that means out of the nine pages I have three of them finished.  Once the page was finished I decided that I was going to work on the page beside it and see how much of it I could get done.  No I didn't get another page finish but at least I have started to see the fairy start to appear.  I have her feet and legs started, so that is making me feel very good.

Mini Forget Me Not
I am now just over 47% finished and maybe this week I can reach the 50% done as that would make me see that I am getting this piece done. I will try and focus on this page as well to see if I can get another page finished before too long.  Just seeing the page finished makes me want to work harder so that I can get another one done. I will see what I can get done this week as it would be nice to have some more results before the end of this coming week.

Mary Jane Fry 1861 - now this piece once again got a bit of attention over the weekend.  I am working on this piece normally just on the weekend, so it doesn't get as much attention but at least it does get some.
Mary Jane Fry 1861

I didn't spend a lot of time on this piece this weekend but at least I was able to get the vase finished and have continued to work on the vine a bit.  I am going to try and work on the vine some more as it would be nice to have larger sections where I can add the leaves all at once.

Mary Jane Fry 1861
This coming week I hope that I can get some more of the vine done, and maybe I will even try and get some more of her name completed.  I seem to be bouncing around on this piece so that I can see the different sections start to appear.  Now that I have some new areas done maybe I can focus on getting some motifs finished and then start working onto the next ones.

English paper piecingEnglish Paper Piecing - I have been able to get some more work done on the throw that I have been doing.  This week I was able to get the side motif added, so I am now at the point that I have three of the corners reached, so it is just a matter of filling in the rest of the areas.  I am looking forward to seeing what it will look like when all the motifs have been added. I now have 56 more motifs to add to this throw, and hopefully I can add some more of them this week.  It makes me happy to see that I have been able to move this forward even if it is only a few motifs at a time.

I am going to see this week how much more I can get done on this as I am looking forward to seeing all the motifs added, and then I can work on getting it finished so that my mom can enjoy it.  I have never done anything like this before, so I am learning as I go and the putting it all together will be another lesson that I will be learning.


English paper piecing

Socks - I have been able to continue to get some more knitting on my socks but again haven't been focusing on them as much this week. Most days I can add a couple of rounds to one of the socks, but that is about it.  This week I would like to see if I can get two socks finished a couple more started but will see what happens.

I hope everyone continues to find a bit of time each day to do something that you love.  It doesn't matter how much time you spend as long as you take those few minutes to yourself. Stay safe and hopefully soon the number of people vaccinated will go up, and then we can get back to doing some of the other things that we love doing.  Hopefully next week I will have some progress on at least a couple of these projects to show you.  Have a great week and stay safe.
 

No comments: