Monday, April 5, 2021

Another week and some progress

Here it is the start of another week. It is still the same around here as Ontario has once again been put into a version of lockdown.  Yes, retail stores can be open but with very limited capacity.  It does make it a challenge when you want to go grocery shopping or to the pharmacy.
 
We continue to work remotely which is something that we have been doing for a while even before Covid-19.  A lot of our work doesn't need us to be at a client site, so that helps a lot. 

Mini Forget Me Not - here is a piece that got some attention this week as I decided that I was going to see how long it would take me to finish another page. I haven't finished the page yet, but I am getting closer to having it finished so that I s what I have been focusing on.  I also did a bit on the next page because I wanted some change in areas, so that helped as well.

This week I am going to continue to work on getting the page finished as it would be nice to get that done.  I am thinking that if I just focus on all the confetti stitches that are involved on this page then I will get it done.  Once this page is done I will be roller up and working on the rest of the design as I will only have five pages left.  I am now over 50% stitched, so that is also a motivating factor with this piece.

Mary Jane Fry - this piece got some attention on Saturday as it was time to see if I could get it moved forward.  I didn't get a lot of stitching done on her but at least her name is now complete, and I have moved the vine up a bit.  I will see how much attention she gets this week as I know that there might be another project added this week.

Mary continues to be a lot of fun to work on because it is a lot different from always working on a full coverage.  It does feel nice when you can see progress when you haven't spent a lot of time on the piece. I will see what I can do on this piece this week as it would be nice to continue to see bits of this design done.

English Paper Piecing - this week I have been able to move my mom's throw forward a bit.  It is now to the point that it is easier to have my DH fold it up so that I can take a picture of it.  I love how it is turning out, and I am looking forward to getting to the point that it will be ready to put together.  I still have around 50 motifs to add to it but at least it is moving forward even if it is only a bit at a time.  There are a lot of seams that need sewing together when each motif is added, so sometimes it doesn't look like I have done much but there has been quite a bit of sewing done.

Another project was added to my English Paper piecing list and that was a set of place mats that I wanted to make.  These place mats are also going to be used for me to learn how to do binding on a piece like this.  I figured it would be a good idea to have something smaller to learn how to do binding on before I attempt to do it on the throw which is a lot bigger.

Socks - I am continuing to work on my socks, but they have been slow moving in the last couple of weeks.  One of my projects is two of the socks need the toe decrease done on them and another sock needs the ribbing done.  Both of these sections are the sections that I don't like doing as much as the rest of the sock, so it means that they end up waiting a bit before they are moved forward.

I hope everyone continues to stay safe, and you find some time each day to do something for yourself.  We continue to try and stay safe, and yesterday we were able to get our first vaccine so now to wait and see when we can get our second vaccine. We know that we have to wait at least three weeks, but we are thankful that we have started that progress.

Hope everyone has a good week and you find some time for yourself.





 

No comments: