Monday, March 15, 2021

Another week of some progress

Mini Forget Me Not It is hard to believe that another week has gone and here I am writing to let you know that I was able to accomplish in the last week. We are still in grey lockdown, so that means that some stores have opened to limited capacity but working from home is still something that most of us do.

Mini Forget Me Not - I was able to make some more progress on this piece in the last week.  It feels good seeing that I am very close to having another page finished, so that will mean two out of the 9 done.  One was a small page and this one that I am currently working on is one of the full pages. Yesterday instead of working on finishing the page I decided to work on some brighter blue, so that is what I did.  Maybe this week I will see a page finish on this project.

Mini Forget Me Not
I am not sure what page I am going to work on next because part of me wants to work on the top page and then another part of me would like to get the bottom pages finished up before too long.  I know that I still have a long way to go on this piece as I just reached the 40% done on it.  The bottom two pages have the flower so part of me is thinking I would like to do them closer to the end of this piece, so that might be what I do.
Mary Jane Fry
Mary Jane Fry 1861 - This piece is other one that I work on during the weekend sometimes, so it doesn't get a lot of attention each week.  This week I decided it was time to get the two parts of the border complete.  What you don't see in these pictures is the two borders are finished all the way around the design, so now I just have the middle section to fill in.

Mary Jane FryYesterday afternoon after looking through some of my floss I found two of the colours that I was missing for this piece.  This design only takes 6 colours and in my stash I thought I only have two of them, but I did find some floss that I could use in another design, so I started adding those colours to the bottom of the design.

This week I am going to try and add a bit more of the vine to the design so that I can get more leaves and maybe some flowers added.  I am looking forward to seeing how quickly this design now works up given the border is all done.

Mom's throwEnglish Paper Piecing - This past week I picked up my mom's throw and decided it was time to get more of the motifs added.  It does take some time working through all the piece, but I am slowly getting there.  After adding a bunch more motifs I now have 71 out of the 144 motifs added.

This project is something that I have been enjoying doing in a lot of ways because I can remember a lot of the fabrics from shirts that my dad wore quite a bit.  Some of the fabrics I don't remember as well but at least we are going to have some nice memories of him when this is done.  I hope that this week I can continue to add more motifs to this throw so that I can get it closer to being ready to be quilted.

Mom's throw
The assembly of this throw will be another challenge, but I will deal with that once all the motifs have been added.  I have now reached the bottom of the throw on one row, so that is good as the overall piece is going to be 12 x 12 motifs wide.

I have a lot more fabric ready to be made into various projects, so that means that I need to get moving on this throw so that more of the projects that get moving as well.  I have a friend that is going to help me figure out how to do the quilting and border of this throw and I appreciate that as she quilts, and I don't.

Land of Sweets
Land of Sweets Cowl - this past week I was able to get a few rounds knit on my cowl, so that was good.  I finished up the first three patterns and am now working on the fourth section. I first thought that I was going to get this cowl finished up by the end of March but unless I can sit and focus on this for a bit I don't think that is going to happen now.  I am going to enjoy knitting this cowl and am not going to put the pressure on myself to get it done by a certain time.

 

Land of Sweets cowl
I continue to work on a few other projects a little at a time but don't have anything to show on those.  My socks continue to be working on at least a couple of rounds each day, but it takes a long time that way to see any results, but that doesn't bother me.  I am enjoying working on socks a bit at a time and will see when the next one is finished.

I hope everyone is staying safe, and you are finding some time each day to do something for yourself.  It doesn't matter how long you spend doing that thing, but it is just spending that bit of time doing something that makes you happy.    Please continue to take care of yourself and hopefully next week I will have more progress on some of my projects.


No comments: