Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Progress and a new start

Here it is the start of another week.  I am happy to say that Toronto is finally into stage 3 of Pandemic recovery but it still means that most businesses are working remotely.  Yes, stores and restaurants have started to open but with a lot of restrictions so that means that life is still a ways away from being back to normal.

Blushing - I continue to work on this project as I would like to see how much of it I can get done before the end of the year. I know that I have a long way to go on it but at least if I can continue to make some progress on it most weeks I will feel better about it.

This past week I continued to focus on getting more of the black done so that I can start to see the page that I might get finished soon.  I have decided that instead of working towards a page finish I am going to try and fill in more of the larger colour areas and then work on the areas with one or two stitches of a colour.  I am happy to see that I have been able to get more of this piece done and now I hope that through the month of August that I can see more of it done.

If I can continue to focus on getting more of the piece finished I might be able to see around 50% of it done before the end of the year or at least that is one of the things that I am going to be trying to do. This piece is going to be around 10 inches square when it is done so that doesn't feel like a lot of stitching but there is still over 30,000 stitches on it when it is complete.

Pandemic - after finishing Roses I was looking at all of the projects that I want to work on and of course what did I find?  I found another big project that got my attention so of course, it had to be kitted up and started. This piece is called Pandemic by Long Dog Samplers.  It is going to be around 20 x 24 inches when it it is finished so not something that I will be getting finished quickly. I wanted this piece started before Toronto was getting back to normal so I started it on July 31st before we moved into stage 3 of recovery.  

This pattern was offered by Long Dog Sampler as a free pattern for a week and a lot of cross-stitchers grabbed it and started working on it immediately.  I grabbed it and then sat back as I wanted to finish Roses first before adding another large design into the list of projects that I have on the go. 

The nice thing about this piece is you can do it in one colour or you can use as many colours as you want.  I am going to be doing it all in one colour as I do enjoy working on pieces like that.  I have started at the very bottom of the piece so it is going to take me quite a while before there is much to show on it.

The Best Wrap - as I was mentioning last

week the wrap that I was working on was just about finished and after getting the work done early in the week I was able to spend an evening finishing up the knitting on the wrap.  Now, all that is left to do

is to sew in all the ends and block the piece and it will be finished. I am looking forward to seeing if I can knit another one of these wraps because it was a quick project to work on and I loved how it turned out.


Besides working on these projects I was able to get a start on a couple of other knitting projects but of course they currently don't look like much.  I hope to have some more progress on these projects over the next little while and will be able to show pictures of them.



Hope everyone has a great week and you remain safe and well.  May you find some time each day to do something that you enjoy even if it is only for a few minutes.

No comments: