Monday, August 24, 2020

New items and progress on other things

Petal doll
Here it is the start of another week and yes we are still working in the same way as we have for the last three weeks.  Toronto has partly opened up with restaurants and bars having limited seating and stores open, some by appointment only and others with limited access.  Masks are something that we are wearing (some still don't, sigh) and something that is going to be normal for a while.

Petal doll - yesterday I decided to pick up my knitting needles and start to make a petal doll.  I will have to sew it closed and add the stuffing and features but it was fun to make.  I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out but I did enjoy making this doll. I will try and make some more of these with different colour dresses and hair.  

V-stitch afghan - I decided it was time to pull out a baby afghan that I had been working on earlier this year  I had about 27 rows completed when I put it away.  Over the weekend I was able to add another 17 rows so that made me feel good.

v-stitch afghan

I hope that over the next couple of weeks I can spend some more time working on getting this afghan finished up so that it will be one less thing that I need to be working on.  The colour of this is more greens than blues but the camera is currently showing it as blue.  Hopefully next week I will be able to show some more progress on this project and maybe be closer to getting it finished.

Blushing - of course this project once again got some attention.

Blushing Aug 16

This week I was able to move the q-snap to get to the right side of the design.  I decided that I wanted to focus on adding more of the black to the bottom of the pattern as well as adding some colour. After moving the q-snap I worked on getting the bottom couple of rows completed right now to the right side of the design.  I now know how wide this piece is going to be and I have a target.

Over the week I was able to add more of the black to the overall piece and then I worked on adding more of the colours to the actual rose.  It is slowly coming along now and I am happy to see how much it has changed in the last week.  I hope that through the end couple of weeks I can add more of the black and colour to the piece.


Blushing Aug 23
 

I am continuing to work on bits of other projects but don't have a lot to show on them.  I know that before too long I should be able to have a few more items to show.

 

I hope everyone is staying safe and well and dealing with the various restrictions that you may experience.  Take it easy and know that we are all dealing with the various challenges and hopefully soon things will start to get back to a new normal for all of us.

Take care and remember to find a little bit of time each day to do the things that you enjoy doing.

No comments: