Monday, July 16, 2018

Progress again

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - July 7
Here it is another week and yes I was able to find a little bit of time to sit and stitch. Now to see what this coming week is going to be like as I would like to continue to see some progress on at least one of the projects if not more.
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - July 15

Temperature - July 1
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL '18 - I have been able to get some stitching done on this piece and it makes me happy to see that the June/July section is finally starting to come together.  I finished the middle section and am now trying to focus on getting the lion finished up.  I had outlined some of the body of the lion so if I was outside and wanting to stitch I could work on it without needing the pattern.  Well, that didn't happen but I will be filling in the lion quickly and then see if I can get the head of it done.

Temperature - July 9
Temperature - now this piece got just a little bit of attention this week and it was to help me get more of the guide colours done in the center of the piece. I wanted to know which colour was each day because then it means that I can take this project outside when I want to stitch and don't need to take the paper with me just the floss.  I hope that this week I can get some of the stitching done on it because it would make me feel so much better seeing that I am starting to get this piece caught up.

I love seeing the colours that are now appearing more often on this design because yes as the temperature has been going up the colours have been getting brighter.  What is surprising me is how many days so far this year we have been over 30C and that is the colour I wasn't sure I would be using much this summer considering last year was a cooler one.


This week I am hoping to be able to spend some time working on getting some more stitching done but it will all depend on the work schedule.  I have a few things that I am in need of doing this week so those need to get done and then hopefully some evenings I will be able to sit and stitch.

If you are dealing with the heat and humidity like we are, I hope you are staying cool.  The forecast is for warm days this week but hopefully, after today, we won't be seeing temperatures feeling like 39C until at least next week.  Hope everyone has a great week and hopefully you will be able to find time to do the things that you love doing.



No comments: