Monday, April 10, 2017

One Stitch A Long caught up and other stitching

Quotes to Live By - April 2nd
It has been a goal for me to see if I could keep at least one of the stitch a longs caught up and not have to think about it right up until the last day of the month.

Quotes to Live By - Last week I wrote about how much I have been enjoying working on Quotes to Live By and once again this week I put the energy in on this piece so that I could see if I could get the actual quote finished within the first week of it being released.  The good news is with some work and having to run out and pick up some more of the background floss I was able to get it finished on Friday evening.
Quotes to Live By - April 7

The April quote is now finished and I will be waiting until May 1st when the next quote is released.  I am happy having it done but it means that this piece won't be worked on until May 1st and considering how much I have been enjoying it I am a little sad.

It is nice knowing that I have been able to get one of the projects caught up because it now means that some of the other projects are going to be getting a little bit more attention over the rest of this month.

Mystery Stitch A Long - March 31
Linen and Threads Mystery Stitch A Long - This is the project that I decided that I am going to try and move forward some as well this month. This is another stitch a long and I am really behind on this one as it also started on January 1st and I haven't even finished the section for January yet.

Mystery Stitch A Long - April 9
Joyful World - June - April 8
With the Mystery Stitch A Long I decided that I was going to try and focus on getting the January section done and then I will decide how I will approach February and March.  I have all the outline done for the two months so now it just means filling in the bands that both of the months have.  Both months have two bands of stitching so that means that there is quite a bit of actually stitching to do after I have finished the January section.  I was able to spend a bit of time stitching yesterday and I have seen a bit of a change in the piece already and that does make me happy.


 Joyful World - June - I actually was able to get the border on the next month done this week and it is another project that will be getting a bit of attention.  I hope to be able to get this piece done quickly as each of these don't normally take me too long to complete. Seeing that I will be half way through this project is also making me happy and I may work on getting this moved forward as well this month but it will depend on how things go with the other project.


I have been loving the projects that I have been working on and as I start to get them caught up I might be able to add a couple of the other projects that I have on the go back into the projects I work on each month. I also figure that if I can get these projects caught up especially Linen and Threads I will be able to work on a couple of things that have been sitting without a lot of attention lately. This month I am going to continue to work on getting this caught up and then I will see which projects can get moved from the currently on hold bag into the currently being worked on bag.  I know that I am not going to have a lot of a chance to get things caught up this month but at least i am going to work on making a bit of a dent in the projects that I am currently focusing on and then will see how things go after this.

It is a short work week this week so that means I have a lot of things that need my attention so now it is time to get working on all of them and see how that goes.  I hope to have some stitching time in the evenings this week.

No comments: