Monday, April 17, 2017

More progress and a small finish

Linen and Threads - Apr 9th
This week  my goal was to try and focus on moving two projects ahead a bit so that I could see some results and that is what I did.

Linen and Threads Mystery Stitch A Long -- this was the first project that got the attention as I was determined to make some progress on the January section of the design.  I should say I wanted to finish the January section so that I could at least start moving forward on the project.

Linen and Threads - April 12 - first section finished
The week started out with some really slow progress and I didn't feel like I was going to be getting anywhere on it.  Finally on Wednesday I was able to sit and focus on the section and later Wednesday evening I was able to say that I had finished the January section of the project so now onto February and see how long that takes to get completed.  I know it is a small section so I hope that I can get it finished up before the end of the month but will see how things go.

Linen and Threads - April 13th
The February section is two smaller sections so will see how they go.  I got a start on them on Thursday so at least I can see that the first section is moving a little faster than January did or at least I think it is moving faster.


Joyful World - June - April 8th
Joyful World - June - April 16th
 Joyful World - June -- The next project that got a little bit of attention was Joyful World - June as I wanted to see if I could at least get a little bit of the design stitched this week.  I got a few stitches done but not as much as I would have liked but at least it got moved forward so I will see how much attention it gets this coming week.


Tiger Lily - August 24, 2016
Tiger Lily -- This is a project that I haven't worked on since August of last year so I decided that I was going to try and see if I could at least make a little bit of progress on it.  This project is a full coverage piece so I also wanted to try a different method of stitching to see if it worked any faster.

Tiger Lily - April 14th
To try out this new method I decided to start at the top left of the design and see if I could do it.  The idea of this method is to work in basically blocks of 10 x 10 and stitch each of the colours in that block and put it into the next area you are going to stitch but not stitch the next area. For a stitcher this sounds like a pretty simple idea but I have to admit that this is a new way of stitching for me so I think it is going to take some time.  I started off remembering to stop at the end of the first block and then the way I have stitched for years came back and I continued stitching using the same colour until the thread was done.

As you can see in the picture I did remember to stop with a couple of the threads so will see how this goes when I try and stitch on this design again later this coming week. I think if I can try this method a couple more times I will either figure out that I really like doing it or I am going to find a method that is a combination of my old method and this new method that will work for me.


I have been enjoying the stitching that I have been able to accomplish over this last few months and look forward to seeing how much more stitching I can do moving forward.  Evenings are my time where I can stitch if I am not working and it really does help me relax and stitch my mind back together for the next day.

I hope to have some more progress on a couple of projects by the end of next week but that also means that I have to ensure that I get the work done so that I have the evenings to relax and stitch.




No comments: