Thursday, March 17, 2011

Stitching Biscornus

It is starting to feeling to feel like spring here in Toronto but the calendar only says March so not going to get too excited about the weather but will enjoy it will it lasts.

I am back to stitching and have completed stitching 2 small biscornus and have already started on the 3rd.  I haven't put either of them together as I want to wait and put a bunch of them together at once.

Both of these are just over 30 stitches square so they really don't take a long time to stitch.  Also the fabric is 25 count evenweave so that is making it easier for me to see and therefore quicker to stitch.

I love making biscornus so figure if I have some around they will make wonderful gifts for people that I know.

The biscornus are going to be different colours and am only going to make a maximum of two of each colour with my goal of 24 biscornus.  Maybe that seems like a lot but at least I will have them around and then will really figure out what I am going to do with all of them.  I was able to find a lot of free patterns for simple biscornus on line so that is where all of these patterns are from. I would like to design my own biscornu at some point so maybe by the end of this project I will have designed one.

As a knitter, crocheter and cross-stitcher I have lots of things that I could put on a biscornu so maybe I need to just sit down and start figuring out a design that I can use. 

Before I can do my stitching for today I need to get a bit more stuff done for work and then I will pick up my needle again and stitch.

No comments: