Monday, August 3, 2026

A frustration, a finish, a new start and some progress

Here it is the start of another week and hopefully the weather will be nice without any major storms. It has been a little cooler the last few days so now to see if we can at least warm up just a little bit so we can get back to enjoying being outside and sitting on the balcony again.

Wishful Thinking - this is the project that I had hoped to get done on in the last week. I was able to get the border finished which is good. I hope to see more progress on this piece soon but while stitching on it last week I found an issue with the pattern. I had imported the pattern into Pattern Keeper and was working along well or at least I think it was going well until I looked at the word less.
When I compared the letter e to the ones in the words above it on the pattern, I discovered that there was a problem with the chart. When the chart imported into Pattern Keeper it removed a horizontal row of the pattern. This meant that the words in this section were one row short. This is an issue with some Long Dog Sampler patterns and Pattern Keeper, but I didn't even think to check. I was pretty upset when I realized that I was going to have to figure out how to correct this issue. After chatting with my husband, we realized that I could just add the row to the bottom of the letters and I would still have room in this section. So, my husband took the project away from me and he took out the two s's that I had stitched and the part of the e that was wrong. Now I will work on moving this project forward again and I will use the paper pattern to stitch the words in that row.

Vintage ABC's - H - here is a project that has been sitting around for a couple of months so I figured it was time to see if I could get it moved forward again. This is the third letter that I have stitched, and they don't take long once you focus on moving it forward. There are only three colours in all these designs so there isn't a lot of changing colours so they do stitch up relatively quickly.

I picked up this piece after the issue with Wishful Thinking and decided to just focus on it to see how quickly I could get it done. It only took me one day of stitching to finish the letter and the one holly leaf. I am happy getting this small ornament completed and am looking forward to getting the rest of the letters completed.


Vintage ABC's - B - Yesterday after a couple of days of no cross stitch I decided I would pick up something that was easy to work on. I started the B ornament and am happy with the progress that I was able to get done on it. These ornaments don't take that long to complete which is nice and I will see how quickly this one gets done. I hope that I don't put it down like I did the Holly ornament. I might try and get this completed before I go back and work on Wishful Thinking as getting another one of these ornaments done would make me happy.
 
Granny Wrap - grey - here is the crocheting that has got the attention this past week.  I have been enjoying having a project that I can just pick up and work on and see some progress on it.  I still haven't decided how big this is going to be, but I do know that I have some more crocheting to do before I can say that this project is done.

I have been thinking about the size that I would like to have so that means that there is going to be more yarn added to this piece. I am thinking that I still need to add at least a couple more 50 grams balls into this project and maybe then it will be big enough. It is a great project to work on when I have those few minutes as I don't have to complete a row as this is just pick it up and go without a pattern or anything else.

Other projects - I have worked on my English Paper piecing in the last little while and it makes me happy to be able to continue to work on that. I hope to be able to continue to move some of those projects forward a bit at a time.

I hope everyone is enjoying the summer and finding that time to enjoy doing something that you like doing. If things go well, I hope to have some progress on something to show you next week.



No comments: