Monday, July 17, 2023

A couple of new projects

Here it is the start of another week and maybe a little slower week workwise for us. We have had a couple of crazy weeks, so now we are going to slow down just a bit and maybe see how things go.

This coming week, I am going to try and make some progress on at least a couple of projects, but I will see which ones get the attention.

Jane Parson - here is a new start that I did last Tuesday. I started this along with a friend for her birthday, and I am happy with the progress that I have made on it. I decided to try and work on finishing up a couple of the colours quickly and have two of the colours already off the list.

This week I hope to be able to make a bit more progress on this piece, as it would be nice to see how quickly I can get it done. The piece is only 8 inches x 7 inches so not very big, but there are quite a few colours in it so that means quite a bit of colour changes in the areas.

Preemie blanket - this is a project that I started yesterday because I wanted something that I could work on sitting outside when it is hot and humid out. The pattern calls for you to increase until there are 170 stitches on the needle, but what I am going to do is increase until I run out of yarn from the ball of yarn I am working with. I have two balls of yarn, so I figured instead of only using part of the second ball I will just make this piece as large as the two balls of yarn allow. This is a very simple pattern and right now it is working up quickly, but I don't think it will be long before the rows are taking longer to complete.

Having a project like this right now is wonderful because it doesn't sit on my legs right now, so during this hot weather it is something that I can at least move forward for a while. I hope that I can continue to work on this project this coming week because it would be nice to see how big it is going to be.

Other projects - I have been working on my EPP just a little bit this week so will see how it goes through the rest of the month. I know that just being able to continue to see progress on things would be great, so will see how that goes.

I hope everyone continues to find that bit of time each day to do something for yourself. It doesn't matter what you do, but at least having that bit of time to recharge your own personal batteries is very important. Hope everyone has a good week and I hope to have some progress on thing to show you next week.

 

No comments: