Monday, July 31, 2023

Enjoying the progress

Here it is the start of another week, and it is a little cooler out than it has been for the last few days. The heat and humidity did mean that it was harder to pick up projects and work on them. 

Given how hot it was out I am happy with the progress that I made on my projects over the last week. Just being able to sit for a little bit of time helped move the projects forward even if it wasn't a lot of progress all at once.

Jane Parson - I am loving this project and all the different colours that are in it. I have been trying to add more of the colours and over the last couple of days I was able to add more detail to the border.  I continue to bounce around on the overall project which doesn't bother me at all. What I have been trying to do is add a colour and take it where I can throughout the project. Of course, it means that the alphabet still isn't finished but I will finish it up at some point.

Yesterday, I decided to work on getting some of the flower details done on the border. It was nice to start to see that the border isn't really as hard as I thought, but maybe because I am working on it one colour at a time helped. I could have done each flower, one at a time but that would have meant a lot of changing the floss in my needle and I didn't want to do that. 

The colours in this design are what I am also liking because there are some brighter colours and then some softer colours. There were two different variants of this pattern and I decided to do the vibrant version because they just looked a little nicer to me with my fabric.

Now, I hope to be able to spend some more time this coming with on Jane as I would like to see if I can get the rest of the darker pink done on the border and then maybe see what the lighter pink looks like.

Preemie Blanket - here is a project that didn't get much attention at all this week. As the temperature was rising, I was less interested in picking this up. I was able to get a few rows done at the beginning of the week before it got hot and then yesterday after the temperature started to cool down.

It is nice having this project because I can pick it up and work on it when I want, and I don't feel the pressure to complete a specific number of rows because each row is the same.

Hopefully this week I will be able to add a few more rows to this project as the weather is supposed to be cooler, so working on this should be a little easier or at least I hope it will be.

Other projects - of course, with it being hot and humid out I did spend some time sitting on the balcony trying to stay cool. What did get some attention this week was the EPP scrap throw. Just being able to work on something small was good, so now to see what it looks like tomorrow when I write my EPP blog.

I hope everyone is continuing to find that bit of time each day to do something for yourself. There have been days when crafting just didn't work but I found another means of taking those few minutes for myself and recharging my personal batteries.

The weather here is cooler now than it was last week, so I will see what I can get done over the next week. The schedule is a little busier this week so will just have to see what happens.

Hope everyone has a good week and I look forward to writing my EPP blog tomorrow for July progress and then I will also see you next week hopefully with some other crafting progress.




 

No comments: