Monday, February 6, 2023

Some progress and 2 finishes

Here it is the start of another week and yes, I was able to find those bits of time each day to spend working on things that I enjoy working on. It is hard to believe that the week is over, but at least I have been able to make some progress on things.

Mini the Forgotten - here is the project that once again got some attention on the weekend. I am happy with the number of stitches I was able to add to this piece. I did finish another colour on the piece, so there are now two colours finished, with another 16 colours to go.

I hope to continue to move this project forward, as I am looking forward to seeing what it looks like when it is finished. This week I will see what area I work on and how much more of it I can get done. 

Elizabeth Wood 1850 - this project was one that I was going to be working on as I wanted to get it completed. It was a lot of fun to work on and something that I could pick up and even get a couple of letters done at a time.

When I picked it up last week, I had one goal for this project, and it was to get it finished before the end of the week. I had originally thought I would have it finished in January but after working on Mini the Forgotten so much I knew it wasn't going to happen, but that was fine with me.

This week I was able to pick up this piece a little bit most days and by Friday evening I was able to say that I had finished the piece.

Of course, now that this project is finished, I will be picking up another one of my projects to see if I can get it moved forward and possibly finished off quickly. The next project is New Doors as it is getting closer to a finish, so that is what will be coming out this week and I will see how much of it I can get done.

Simple Triangle Shawl - this project has been something that I have been working as I could pick up and work on it when I had those few minutes. Well, this past week I figured out the size shawl that I wanted to make and by the end of the week it was cast off, and it is now finished as well. 

It didn't take me long to figure out what I was going to work on next, and it wasn't another Simple Triangle Shawl. What I am trying to do now is focus on getting projects that I have started finished up so that I don't have too many things sitting partly done on needles. I hope that I can continue to do this, as it would be nice to see things finished up instead of sitting in my basket waiting for some attention.

Forage Shawl - this project I started in January and got a little bit of progress on it, and then it was put down so that I could finish the Simple Triangle Shawl. I have decided that this is going to be a project that I try and focus on, as I would like to see what it looks like when it is finished. 

The pattern isn't difficult and right now with the rows being short they go quickly, so I can see some progress on it each time I pick it up. I don't think I will finish this within a week or two, but at least I know that I am going to try and make some progress on it each week and see how quickly it can get done. The pattern calls for 7 different colours for the shawl, but I decided to do it just in navy this time. I may try and make it with more colours later, but for now I just wanted to enjoy working on something with just one colour.

Other projects - I haven't been working on a lot of other projects other than my English Paper piecing. I am trying to focus on just working on a couple of projects at a time so that I can see progress on them. It does feel good seeing that I have been able to make progress on things, and I am getting finishes as well.

Making sure that I take those few minutes each day to do something that I enjoy makes a different. It helps me recharge my personal batteries so that I have the energy to help those around me.

I hope that you have a good week, and you also take that time for yourself and do what you enjoy. Next week, I hope to have some more progress on things to show, but we will see how it goes. 







 

No comments: