Monday, February 20, 2023

2 Finishes and progress

Here it is the start of another week and yes a start of moving things forward again. It would be nice to have more weeks like I just did, but I don't think that is going to happen for a while. It was a good week getting things achieved, so now to see if I can continue to do this.

I hope that through the next little while, I can continue to see progress like I did in the last week. Now to work on making sure that I can continue to get work done as well as find some crafting time.

New Doors - here is the project that was my focus as I was trying to move it forward and see if I could get it done. I must admit that the flowers were a bit of a challenge, but I was able to figure them out and move forward.

I am happy with the progress that I was able to make on this piece because by Tuesday evening I was able to pop this off the q-snap and say it was a finish. Yes, there were some challenges with this piece, but at least I can now say that it is finished, and I am very happy with the progress that I was able to do this past week. I went from working on it to having it finished, and that felt good. I now need to figure out how I am going to finish this piece and get a frame for it, and then it will be totally done. At least, right now, I can say it's a finish or at least a finished stitching and that makes me feel so good.

Mini the Forgotten - here is the piece that I have set as my weekly project, as I would like to continue to move this piece forward and see how much of it I can get done before the end of the year.

I decided to not work on finishing up a colour now, and instead I am working on areas and also working on a colour when I can. This past week I worked on one section of the background and then decided to work on some of the other areas just to see some progress on the different sections.

It has been interesting working on this piece because there are times when I don't feel like I am making such progress and then when I step back and look at the entire piece I am happy with the progress that I have made. I am going to continue to work on this piece when I can each week because it would be nice to see more of this piece finished up before the end of the year.

Ruskin's Penguins - here is a project that I haven't worked on for a while. I think I have finally figured out why, so now to try and make progress on it.

I haven't picked up this piece for quite a while, and I have been trying to figure out just why it wasn't something that I wanted to work on. It's amazing how sitting back and looking at the project and checking every part of it can help you figure out what the project is. With this project, the biggest issue or what I can think is the issue is the floss that I am using. For this project I decided that I wasn't going to use DMC which is the floss that I use most of the time, but I was going to use Anchor floss because I had heard so many comments about it, so I figured that it was worth giving it a try.

I have used the Red from Anchor, and it was a nice floss to work, but once of these two flosses seems to causing me an issue. I am not sure why I am having such a challenge with this piece other than I am not liking working with the White Anchor floss. Hopefully, I am going to continue to work on getting this project finished using this floss, but I think it will be the last time that I work with the White Anchor floss. I am not sure about the other colours because the red that I used I didn't have a challenge, so it might just be the white floss that I don't like working with.

My goal is to continue to move this project forward, as I would like to see it finished before too long. I hope that I can see more of it completed before the end of this coming week.

Forage Shawl - Being able to sit and pick up my knitting each day and work on it for at least 30 minutes is making me feel so much better. I am seeing some progress and that is what is important.

The Forage Shawl got the attention it needed this past week and by the end of the week I was able to say that I have completed another shawl. I worked on this shawl early in the week, and Tuesday I was able to cast off the stitches and sew in the ends and call this another finished project. I hope that I can continue to work the 30 minutes a day on my knitting because I have been able to see some good progress on the various projects.

This shawl was very nice to work on, and it did work up fairly quickly when I decided to work on it a minimum of 30 minutes a day. I am now thinking of knitting this same shawl but with 7 colours, which is what the original pattern calls for. I wanted something quick to work on so that is why I just did the single colour so now to see what it looks like with the 7 different colours.

Wavy Lace Scarf - after finishing the Forage Shawl I looked in my bin to see what I had on the go and I found a scarf that I had started a while ago, but it needed quite a bit of attention. This is the wavy lace scarf, and it does work up quickly, which is also nice. I started working on this scarf on Wednesday and am very happy with the progress that I have made. The red marker lower on the scarf is where it was when I started on Wednesday, so now to see what I can get done on this scarf through the next week.

This scarf is using a grey glitter yarn, and it feels good, seeing how much of the scarf I could get done in the last few days. The 30 minutes a day does help me see that I am getting things done each week, so now to work on making sure that the 30 minutes a day continues through another week, so I can see how much more of this scarf I can get done.

Other projects - my English Paper Piecing projects continue to see bits of progress, which is good, but I will look at them at the end of the month to see what I have really been able to achieve.

I hope everyone is continuing to find that bit of time each day to do something that you love doing. Yes, it does help recharge those personal batteries that so often get drained. This week I am not sure what I am going to be working on other than my Wavy Lace Scarf as it will continue to get the 30 minutes a day on it.

Today is Family Day here in Canada, so I am going to be enjoying some time when I can relax and do some crafting while also spending some time with my husband. I hope that if you have a holiday where you are, that you have a good day and do some of the things that you enjoy.

Next week I hope to have some more progress on things but I don't think it will be as much as this week.











 

No comments: