Monday, February 13, 2023

Making some progress again

Here it is the start of another week and just another week of trying to make some progress on some of my projects.

It is hard to believe that another week has passed, but of course I have been trying to see what I could get done. It does feel good being able to look at the pictures and seeing that I have at least made some progress on a couple of my projects.

Mini the Forgotten - here is one of the projects that I have been focusing on and trying to move it forward a bit each week. This week I didn't get a lot of progress on it, but at least I have been able to see a bit of it done.

I have been trying to work on getting more of the background as well as the dress worked on, so it means that I have been bouncing around on this project, but that still makes me happy. I would like to continue to see this project moved forward over the next few weeks, so will see how it goes. Just being able to see the different sections moved forward makes me feel good.

I am not sure that section I will be working on over the next week, but at least I know that I have been able to continue to see progress on this piece in the last week.

New Doors - here is the focus project that I have had since finishing Elizabeth Wood. I had set the goal of having this project finished by early April, so I decided that this was the project that I needed to pick up and see how much I could get done.

The border is taking longer that I thought to move forward because there is a lot of starting and stopping of threads. I have at least been able to figure out that having three needles threaded with the three colours that I am using for the border does help a bit. Now to see how much of this project I can get done this week as I am getting closer to a finish which is good.

With this project, I have now completed the middle of the design, so that means that I just need to get the border finished. I hope that over the next week I can focus on getting the rest of the border completed so that it will be a finish before the next blog.

Forage Shawl - here is the knitting project that I have been working on over the last week. It is nice to see that I have been able to make some good progress on this project.

If I can continue to work on this shawl over the next few days, I think I should have a finish. It would be nice to have this shawl finished, as I have been able to make good progress on it over the last week. What I decided to do is knit for a minimum of 30 minutes a day on a project, and that has meant that I have been able to see some good progress on this shawl. There have been days that I have knit more than the 30 minutes, but at least putting in 30 minutes a day through this week has meant that I have been able to get this project to a point that I am very happy.

The 30 minutes a day actually started out as 25 x 7 which was to try and work on a project for at least 25 minutes a day to see how much you could get done. I have been picking this project up each morning while I have been enjoying my coffee after breakfast, and it feels good seeing that I have been able to make some good progress on this shawl over the last week.

Other projects - once again I have been working on my English Paper piecing, but I will show that at the end of the month so that progress can actually be seen. I look at my throw some days, and it looks like I am making progress, and another day it doesn't.

Other than working on these projects, I haven't been working on any other crafting because I have been enjoying being able to see some progress on things. Being able to focus on just two or three projects has been nice, and once I finish the shawl and New Doors, I will figure out what the next projects are that I will focus on.

I hope everyone is having a great week, and you are doing things that bring you joy and also help recharge your personal battery. It doesn't matter what it is, but taking that bit of time to sit and take time each day for yourself is very important.

If things go well this week, I should have things to show you that I got moved forward next week. Until then, make sure that you take that time for yourself, and I hope that you have a good week.



 

No comments: