Monday, September 26, 2022

Progress and a new start

Here it is the start of another week and a week that is going to be busy for me, so not sure what I will be getting done. Work is keeping us busy, so that means that time to work on projects varies, so I enjoy when I can find a bit of time to work on something.

Pandemic - here is the first project that I picked up and worked on this week. This is another one of the projects that I wanted to get to 20% complete before the end of the year.

I wasn't sure where I was going to work on the piece, but I knew that just sitting and working on it for a bit of time might help me see the progress that I wanted to see.

I am happy now to have reached the 20% done on this piece, so now to see when I pick it up again. I do want to continue to move it forward, so that means that I need to continue to work on it, even if it's just a bit at a time. This project is very large, so making those small bits of progress is good.

Magic of Books - here is another project that I have been working on and again trying to reach the 20% done on it. I have continued to work on filling in the rather large area of black, and I am starting to see a bit more progress on it, so that is making me feel a little better. Just adding more black helped me see that I am moving this project forward.

So after quite a bit of stitching this week, I was able to get this project also to the 20% mark. It will probably get more attention before the end of the year, but right now I know that I have at least reached one of the goals that I had for this project. I still want to continue to get that black area filled in before too long.

Triangle Shawl - this is a project that I started yesterday. It is a very simple triangle shawl that I am knitting using self-striping sock yarn. I am not sure how large this shawl is going to be when it is done, but it's a fun shawl to work on.

This shawl is also perfect when I want something with me when we aren't home. I had started this shawl in the morning, and then we did some errands, so I was able to knit this as a passenger in the car and make some more progress on it.

Wavy Lace scarf - here is the project that I have been working on, and I am slowly seeing progress on it. This project might have been a project that is portable, but given it is white yarn, I didn't think it was such a good one for in the car.

I hope to see more progress on this scarf this week as over the last couple of weeks I haven't been doing much knitting so need to get back to getting more of it done.

Other projects - of course there are bits of other things that are getting moved forward, but I just haven't been able to make a lot of progress on anything. I would like to see more things moved forward, but given I have been focusing on a couple of projects and making sure they got the attention, and they were moved forward.

I have been enjoying working on projects that I have given myself goals on. Sure it means that some of the other things that I want to work on have been put aside for a bit, but right now it is making me happy seeing the amount of progress I have been able to make on the projects that have been my focus.

I hope everyone continues to take that bit of time each day to do something that you enjoy doing.  You may not see a lot of progress on a project each day, but over some time, especially a week, you can see some good progress.

I am not sure how much progress I will make this week on things, but I do know that I will be picking up a different cross stitch project and working on it. Hopefully I will see you next week with a bit of progress on something. Have a good week.

 






 

No comments: