Monday, September 5, 2022

Slow progress and a finish

Here it is, the start of another week, and I hope that I will be able to spend some time getting projects moved forward. I know that work things will need my attention this week, but at least today I hope that I can spend some time crafting.

Summer Bower - here is the project that got the most attention this past week. It was a smaller project, so my goal was to try and get it finished quickly.

This piece was a lot of fun to work on and with it being a single colour it did work up quickly so that was nice. I always enjoy when I can sit and work on this type of project. Once I got the border finished, and it lined up I was able to quickly get the rest of the area completed.

I am not sure how I am going to finish this piece, but at least it is done, and I can put it on the list of projects that need to be finished. The list of finished projects waiting to be totally finished is getting longer, so hopefully soon I can get at least some of them moved forward.

Pine Forest Baby Blanket - this project didn't get much attention this past week. I am not sure why, but when I have those few minutes, I was working on either summer Bower or the Wavy Lace Scarf. I hope that this coming week I will be able to spend some time working on getting most of the pattern done on this blanket so that it will be completed soon.

I love having the marker on the project because it does show me how much knitting I got done in a week. In this case, it shows that I got two patterns completed. Now to move the marker and start working on the blanket, and hopefully I will get more than two patterns done this week.

Wavy Lace Scarf - here is the knitting project that got the attention this week. This project is very easy to pick up and work on as there are only 56 stitches on a row, so the rows do go quickly. This project is also great when I just have a few minutes to focus on a craft.

Some evenings this week, it has been the project that I picked up when I needed those few minutes at the end of the day when I could relax and take time for myself. Of course, it didn't get a lot of attention either, so now to figure out how to get back to working on all of these projects so that I can get them done. I hope that this week I can at least finish the first ball of yarn for this scarf, and then I can decide how long I want it.

Other projects - I have been trying to work a little bit on my English Paper piecing, but I haven't got much done on it. I know that once the weather cools down a little, I might be able to focus on crafting a bit more.

As it is a holiday today I hope that I can spend some time crafting and maybe that will help me have some more progress to show next week. I do continue to make sure that I find those few minutes each day to do something that I enjoy. It helps recharge those personal batteries and helps me manage everything that is going n around me.

I hope everyone has a good week, and you are able to get something you enjoy doing done each day. See you next week, and hopefully I will have some more progress to show you.




 

No comments: