Monday, July 4, 2022

Progress for the week

Here it is the start of another week and yes I am happy to say that I have been able to make some progress on a few things over the last week. Life is getting back to normal, and therefore I am figuring out a new schedule again after the last couple of years.

Pandemic - here is the project that I have been focusing on for the month of June. My goal was to try and get over 3,000 stitches done on it and by June 30th I had completed just over 3,500 stitches which made me feel good. I moved this project and was able to see areas filled in before the end of June. I am now going to work on this a bit at a time as I have figured out another project that will be getting the attention for July.

Pandemic won't be going away because I still want to make some more progress on it, but it won't be the piece that gets the attention like it was getting in June. I would like to see more of this project done before the end of the year, so will see how I can manage that.

Alzheimer's Poem - here is a project that I haven't had out for just over a year, and I decided it was time for it to return and maybe see how much I can get done on it during the month of July. This is going to be the project that I try and get 100 stitches on average done a day on it. I don't think it will take me long to finish this piece if I concentrate on it, so that is why it has finally come out again.

Over the weekend I was able to get some stitches in on it and now to see how much I can get done throughout the rest of July. It does make me happy with I can sit and work on a project and actually see results quickly on it. With this piece just being words, if I focused on a word at a time, it would move it forward quickly.

Now, let's see what it looks like by the end of the month.

English paper piecing - this last week I was able to focus on getting some more of the large motifs made for the second throw that I am going to be working on. I now have 24 more motifs to made and then join most of them together for the throw. It felt good getting this many done in one week, so now to see when the rest of the motifs will get completed.

Other projects - I have started to work on some other projects, but again there isn't much to show. I worked on these three projects mostly, and the other things just got bits of attention when I had those few minutes.

I hope everyone continues to find those bits of time each day to do something that you love doing. Life is starting to get back to a routine now, so that means we will have to make sure that we continue to try and take that bit of time each day. This week I will continue to see if I can get some stitching in on the Alzheimer's Poem, and other than that I am not sure what will get worked on.

Have a good week, and hopefully I will have some more progress to show you next week.


No comments: