Monday, December 27, 2021

A bit of stitching time

Here it is the start of another week, and it is hard to believe that 2021 is almost over. I know that things have been different again for all of us, and hopefully 2022 will be better. Covid-19 continues to be in our lives and if you are like us, we are getting very tired of hearing about the number of cases in Ontario.

My crafting continues to be my escape from some of what has been going on around me, and I am glad that I have it. I haven't got a lot of projects finished in 2021 but at least I know that I have been able to enjoy some time doing the things that I love doing. I continue to cross stitch, knit and crochet and seeing projects at least moved forward a little makes me happy. I am not sure what 2022 has in store for me, but I do know that I would like to continue to see a bit of progress on my various projects and maybe even see some of them get closer to a finish before too long.

Pashmina shawl - this project didn't get a lot of attention this past week, so there isn't much of a change on it. I am still trying to decide how long I want this, so that is something that I am going to be doing in the next week. I love working on this project as it is a very easy pattern to do. The only thing I need to do with this project is count the number of rows that I have done.

This coming week I hope to be able to spend some time working on this shawl so that I can get it closer to a finish. If things go well, I might be able to finish at least one more of the colours and then decide if it is long enough or if I could add more stripes to it. 

I do have enough yarn to make this shawl longer, but I also need to make sure that I don't make it too long so that it isn't uncomfortable to wear. I think after this next colour I will check the length and then determine how much longer I want to make the shawl. 

This Is Home - here is a new start for me, and it is coming along quickly. The pattern is by Jan Hicks Creates, and it was a free pattern that she released a couple of weeks ago. When I saw it, I immediately knew I was going to be stitching it up, as I would like to have it hanging in our front hall before too long.

I am using the same floss colours that I use for Krozwyrd so that they can hang together. I hope to have this one done before too long, as I also have other ideas of projects that I want to get stitched up before too long.

Plans for 2022 - I do have some plans for next year, and they are very simple. I have a few cross stitch projects that I would like to get done, so those are going to be worked on when I have the time. For knitting and crocheting, my plan is to continue to work on using up some of the yarn that I have and see what I can get finished. My other crafts such as English Paper Piecing will also get worked on, so now to see how things go moving forward.

I hope everyone has had a good holiday so far, and now we have a week when things might slow down a little, and maybe we can find a bit more time to do the things that we love doing. For me, it is the time of year when I need to finish up some work for our business and get things organized for the following year. 

I would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year and all the best in 2022.  I will see you again in the new year.


 

No comments: