Monday, November 1, 2021

Moving projects forward

Here it is the start of another week, and it looks like it is going to be very busy for me. The fall weather has arrived here in Toronto and the leaves are continuing to fall from the trees about us.

I continue to spend a bit of time each day getting some progress on something.  It does feel good to at least see bits of progress on things.

Krozwyrd - I am happy to see some good progress on this piece again this week.  I know that I still have quite a bit of work to do on this piece, but I am loving how it is turning out.  I have been trying to focus on the different sections and I think that is helping. There are so many stitches in some of these little areas.

One thing that I have decided to do with this piece is to try and just work up through the entire pattern.  I had been jumping around, and I wasn't seeing progress, but now I am seeing progress since changing how I have been stitching.

I hope that this week I can get a bit of stitching done on this piece, as I would like to see another row completed.  It is fun to see all the little things that appear when you are stitching. Birds, flowers, and other items continue to appear, and I am looking forward to seeing what appears next.

Turquoise - I didn't get a lot of time to work on this piece last week but at least I was able to get one of the colours outlined, and I have started to fill in other sections.  This week I hope that I can at least put a few stitches in on this piece as I would like to start to fill in the area that I outlined.  I know that just getting more of the design done would make me feel good, as it really isn't that large a design.

With this design because it isn't very big I have been trying to work on a colour and seeing what I can get completed of it.  There are times when just working on one colour and getting it done on the entire piece makes me feel good, so that is why I have the colour near the bottom done because once I have repeated that design three more times that colour will be done on the entire piece. I will see how much time I have to work on this piece this week, as this is going to be my main focus for part of the week.

Wavy scarf - after finishing the wavy scarf that I knit I looked at the yarn that I have left and figured that I might as well try and make a narrower version of the scarf.  I started this version and am happy with the progress that I made on it.  I am not sure how quickly this will get done, but at least is something that I can pick up and work on when I have a few minutes.

I have no idea how long this version is going to be, but I am going to make it as long as I can with the yarn that I have. I am going to use up the rest of this yarn, so that is how I will determine the length.

Other projects - I haven't had a lot of time to work on anything else, so maybe when things slow down here for me, I will be able to work on some other projects and also get them done.

I hope everyone continues to find a bit of time each day to do something that you love doing.  It doesn't matter how long you spend doing what you love because even those few minutes each day can make the difference.

Hope everyone has a good week, and hopefully I will have something to show for this week.


No comments: