Monday, November 8, 2021

A bit of progress

Here it is the start of another week and hopefully not quite as busy as last week. It felt great having a busy week but now to catch up on some of the stuff that didn't get done. It felt different going to a conference again after 2 years. We were staffing a booth, so that meant that we had early morning and were pretty tired by the time the booth closed each day.

Krozwyrd - here is the piece that got most of the attention when I had the few minutes to work on it. I didn't work on it during the conference, so it meant that I tried to make some good progress over the weekend.

I have now completed 60% of this piece and love how it is turning out. I hope to be able to work on this again this week to see how much more of it I can get done. I continue to try and work on sections of the piece so that I can see some good progress, and it seems to be working a little better. 

I don't think it will be too long before I move the q-snap and have the top of the piece showing, and that will be nice as it will show me how much more I have to do. I think I will wait until after this week before I move the piece so that I can see how much more of the next couple of rows I can get done.

Turquoise - I didn't get much of this piece done at all this week. I took it with us so that I had it to work on at the hotel, but by the time the event was over each day I didn't have the energy to work on this.

I am not sure how much attention this piece will get this week, as I am thinking that Krozwyrd will be getting most of my attention for a little while. Turquoise is a great piece to pick up when I want to see some quick progress on it. 

It is now time to put this back onto the q-snap, so it is ready to go when I decided to pick it up again.  It is a simple piece, and it feels great seeing that I have a section that I can just fill in, and I don't need the pattern for.

Other projects - this last week I didn't have a chance to work on the other projects that I also want to work on, so that means that this week I will see what I can get done. I do know that I have some work that I need to get caught up, so that is going to be the priority this week.

Hope everyone continues to try and find that few minutes each day to do something for yourself. It is important to make sure that we continue to make sure that we recharge our own personal batteries, otherwise we aren't going to be helpful to others.

Have a good week and hopefully next week I will have some progress to show you.
 

No comments: