Monday, October 25, 2021

A week with some progress

Here it is the start of another week and things here in Ontario are slowing starting to open up.  As of today, some capacity limits have been changed, so that makes me feel a bit better. The changes that were made were more in the restaurants and gyms, but at least we are finally moving forward.

Krozwyrd - this past week I decided to try and work on filling in some various sections of the background. It is amazing how much stitching is in each of the little areas.  I am enjoying how it is turning out but know that it is still going to be taking some time to get this piece finished.

I just looked at the point I am at with Krozwyrd, and I am almost at 50% complete which is nice, but it is also hard to believe that I am that far on it.  Maybe this week I can get to the 50% done, and then I will start to feel better and know that I am getting closer to a finish on this piece.

If I can get over the 50% finished, it means that some other sections probably won't have as much detail in them. I love how this piece is working up, and I am looking forward to seeing the entire piece finished as well.

Turquoise mini - here is a project that I started over the weekend, and it is working up quickly. I wanted something that I could see some quick results and I must admit that I have been seeing that.  I am outlining one section of the design so that I can just fill that in later.  I have at least reached the top and one side of the design with the outline, so it really isn't very big, but it is still full coverage.  I will see how much of this I can get done this week as well.

The colours in this piece are also some of my favourites, so that is helping me want to work on it and get it finished quickly. The piece is going to be under 5 inches squares, so something that hopefully does work up quickly.

Grey way scarf - I wanted to work on this scarf to see if I could get it finished so that I knew it was ready for when I wanted to wear it. This past week, I decided that I just needed to work on it and keep going and get it finished.

Last night after looking at it and figuring it out I was able to get the remaining rows knit on the scarf, so it is now just waiting for some ends to be woven in, and then it is done.  This scarf was a lot of fun to knit and really didn't take that long at all.  I think if I could have focused on it, I could have made it done in a week, but of course other things took some of my time, so I got it done in just about two weeks.

Other things - I am continuing to try and get a few other things moved forward, but other parts of life and work are taking my time, meaning I don't have a lot of time or energy to put into getting projects moved forward.

We all are starting to figure out how to get things done and right now I know that with things moving forward for everyone making sure we take time for ourselves each day is going to be important.  Make sure that each day you take some time for yourself and do something that you love.  Take the time to know that, makes sure you have the energy to helps others.


Hope everyone has a good week, and maybe I will have some projects to show you next week, but time will tell.




No comments: