Monday, October 4, 2021

Different projects get moved forwardd

Here it is the start of another week and things here are about the same as they have been in regard to work and Covid restrictions.  Fall is finally here, and you can feel it come days, but then other days we still have the warmth of late summer.

This week I decided that I was going to change up the projects that I was working on and wanted to see how it went.  I think I feel good about the progress on things, so now to see if I can continue with the mix of some smaller projects as well as the larger projects.

Motif from Mahala Barber - this is a project that I started in 2019, and it got put away until it finally came out and got some attention this week.  This was a fun piece to work on as I changed all the colours on it and had some fun.  I used some over dyed flosses that I had so that I could give the vase and stand some different character.  I love how it turned out, and it really didn't take me too long to finish up this piece once I got started.

I am not sure how I will be finishing this piece, but I know that it will be finished up soon so that I can have it available to hang up here before too long. I hope that I can continue to pull out some older projects to get them finished, as it does make me feel good seeing that when I can sit and focus on something I can get it done before too long.

The Snipper - here is a project that was all kitted up and ready to be stitched since 2018.  I finished the other two in the series, The Stitcher and The Ripper but never actually picked this one up to work on.  This week I decided that it was another projects that wouldn't take long to do, so I picked it up and started it and by the end of the weekend I had another finish. Again, this was a nice quick stitch and something that now I can finish.  I will finish this piece as well as the other two, and they will be ready to display before too long.

It is so much fun pulling out these little projects and actually seeing that when I can sit and work on one of them, I can get it finished up before too long.

Infinity scarf - here is the knitting that got the attention again this week, and now I am getting closer to having this scarf finished.  I have now attached the 11th colour and only have one more to go after this.  I am having so much fun working on this scarf, and I am thinking that I might make another one once this one is done.  I will maybe do the next one a single colour, but will have to see what I feel like when the time comes.

This pattern is very easy to do and something that I can pick up and work on when I have a few minutes where I just want to work on something.  I am not looking forward to seeing it together once it is done, but I will tackle that when I get there. I hope to have these two colours stitched up before long, and then will work on the next project.  

Wavy scarf - this is the new knitting project that I started and will be using the remaining 12 small balls on it.  I finished the first colour and added on the second one, and it is another one of those patterns that isn't very difficult.  It is four rows, so I do have to pay a bit of attention to it, but again I am enjoying how it is turning out.  I am not sure how long this scarf will be, but am happy to see that I am getting there on it.

Other projects - I haven't picked up a lot of the other projects that I have on the go but will see how things go moving forward this week.  I have loved working on the projects that I have done, and now to see what gets the attention this week.

I hope everyone continues to find a bit of time each day to do something that you love doing.  It does help you regain the focus that you need to be there for everyone else.  

Hope everyone has a good week and hopefully next week I will once again have something to show you.







No comments: