Monday, October 11, 2021

Moving projects forward a bit at a time

Here it is the start of another week and the weather today is telling us it is still summer, but it is almost the middle of October. 

Restrictions here in Ontario are slowly being lifted, but we are still not where we would like to be with regard to the number of Covid-19 cases.

Pandemic - I picked up this piece again this week as I wanted to see if I could get it moved forward even a little.  I only worked on it one day of the weekend, and at least I can see that I did make some progress on it. I will see when I pick it up again and how much more of it I can do.

Krozwyrd - I am continuing to work on this piece, and I am now working on getting some inside designs stitched.  They do take quite a while to do as there are a lot of stitches in each little section.  

I have decided that I am going to try and work on filling in the very bottom sections so that I can move the entire piece up and finish it that way.  I had originally thought of doing all the words first but given the detail in the rest of the piece having the option of doing a letter sometimes will probably be a good idea. 

This week I hope to be able to add a few more stitches to this piece and see if I can at least get a bit more of the bottom sections done. This piece is going to take quite a while to complete, but if I can at least get a few stitches done on it each day, it might help me feel better. 

Sisters - I started a project this week, and I am looking forward to seeing how quickly it stitches. This piece is actually being done using a crochet pattern and not a cross stitch pattern. I would like to get this piece done quickly as it is part of a Christmas gift.

I decided to try and do this piece using the crochet pattern as it was laid out basically like a cross stitch pattern, so it isn't that hard to follow.  The only difference is I have to be very careful when I move from one page to another.  I am using one variegated thread for this piece, and it is stitching up pretty quickly.  I hope to get finished with the first page this week, and then I only have three partial pages to go.  If things go well, I should have this finished in plenty of time to do the rest of the gift.

Wavy scarf - I continued to work on this scarf during the week and am very happy with the progress that I made on it.  It is a very simple pattern and given the rows are short they don't take long to do.  I am thinking that being able to get this scarf done would be nice, but I am thinking I may try and knit another version of this scarf as I would like to have it for an event.

I have just added the third of the twelve yarns to this scarf and so far I have enjoyed how it is turning out.  I will see what happens this week if I continue to work on this version of the scarf or does the other idea end up getting started and moved forward. 

Other projects - I am continuing to work on a number of other projects as well, and I am looking forward to getting things done quickly if I can.  These projects are the ones that have got the most attention this past week, and I will see which projects get attention this coming week.

I am working on getting the throw for my mom finished up, but it is taking quite a bit of time to do the quilting on it.  I am actually sewing buttons in the middle of a lot of the motifs so that does take the time.  Once it is done I will be able to take a piece of it. I have a goal of when I would like the throw done, so that means I am going to need to get the buttons finished and then do the binding.

I hope everyone is continuing to find a bit of time for yourself each day. Making sure that you do something for yourself even a few minutes each day does make a difference.  Next week I would like to have some projects to show you that I have moved forward.

To my Canadian readers, Happy Thanksgiving.




 

No comments: