Monday, September 27, 2021

Some good progress

Here it is the start of another week and yes I am happy to say that I did make a bit of progress on things over the last week.  Now to see what I can get done this week, as I think I might be changing up some projects for a bit of variety.

We continue to have a lot of restrictions here in Ontario, but being able to work remotely helps so much.

Krozwyrd - I decided to work on getting a few more letters added to this piece as they are a lot of run and something that I can do quickly. 

I will continue to add the letters but now what I have decided that I want to do is work on some various sections so that I can get the bottom on the pattern finished.  I am hoping to be able to focus on getting the bottom areas completed and then start working up on the pattern.  I would like to see more of the piece done, as I started to feel that bouncing around wasn't helping me see the progress that I really wanted to see.

I got the very bottom of the piece almost all finished and that made me feel good so now to work on getting more of the sections done.

Autumn - This piece got some attention as well this week and I continued to work on building the second house.  It does take quite a while to see progress on this piece, but at least I have been more of the houses done and have started to add other items as well.

I love seeing how the houses have started to come together as well as being able to add other little things to the piece as I have been stitching.  I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the piece come together, but I know it isn't going as fast as I had hoped so now maybe to take a week off from it and see what I feel like after that.

I would like to get this piece done soon but maybe taking a bit of a break from it will help me want to work on it more and see it finished.  I had first thought that I would have it done very quickly but once I started on it, I realized that there is a lot of detail on this piece, and it was going to take me longer than I originally thought to get it done.  

Infinity scarf - this project has changed again this week and part of that is because of how easy it is to knit.  I have decided to make it a bit longer, and then I will be making a different scarf out of the other yarn that I have left.  This scarf will use up 12 of the 24 balls, and then I will work on the other scarf and see how quickly I can get it done as well.

I have three more balls of yarn to add to this scarf and I have to admit that I have been having fun just grabbing the next ball and seeing what it is.  The other scarf has had a bit more planning, so that is also good.

I have started the other scarf and got a few rows done on it but nothing that will really show what the pattern is like.  Hopefully next week I will have more of it knit and will be able to show you what it looks like.  Having the simple knit patterns are really helping me right now as with everything else that is going on I need to see progress on things but can't have something that is too complicated.

Other stuff - this coming week I am thinking that I might change up the cross stitch projects that I am working on and see how that goes.  I have been working on these pieces for a while and thought that maybe a bit of a break would help some.

I have a few projects picked out that I might work on so now to see which projects get the attention because it will be a lot of fun to see progress on some of the other projects that I want to do.  

I hope everyone continues to find a bit of time each day to do something for yourself.  It doesn't matter how long you spend, but just spending a few minutes each day does help a lot. I recently was told that I had to remember that life is like when the oxygen deploys on an airplane.  Make sure you take care of yourself first, and then you will have the strength to help others. 

Have a good week and hopefully next week I will have some other things to show.





No comments: