Monday, September 20, 2021

Where did the week go?

 Here it is the start of another week and I can't really figure out where the week went. I know that things were busy around here, so that is probably why I am not sure where the time went.

The restrictions here in Ontario are still in place, but that doesn't bother me, as we have been staying away from stores and such as much as possible.

Krozwyrd - here is the one piece that I did make some progress on this last week. I decided to try and work on filling in some letters in the blocks so that I could start to see what each of the words looked like.

The fill in areas are going to be taking longer than I thought because some of them have a lot of detail, but I am working on them a bit at a time and that seems to be working a little better. I hope to get more of the fill in done this week as well as getting more of the letters done.  I am having fun working on the different letters, so I am not sure when words will get completed, but it's fun just adding a different letter when I feel like working on them.

Autumn - I finally got this piece back up and figured I needed to get a few more stitches in on it.  I ended up working on getting the main colour of the second house completed and that makes me feel a little better.  I hope that I can continue to get this piece worked on as I would like to have it finished before the end of Autumn this year.  I know that there is quite a bit of time until then but considering how I sometimes stitch I need I better work on it a bit more. 

With this piece I am thinking that I might try and work on a colour at a time and see how that goes.  I have quite a few different colours in this piece, and maybe seeing progress would help me want to stitch on this piece a little more. Maybe this week I will try and work on it. 



Infinity scarf - I have been able to make some good progress on this scarf during the last week.  I have been trying to pick this up even for a few minutes each day, and I am happy with the progress that I made on it.  I am thinking that I may just finish the colour that I am currently working on and then make this into the scarf.  It is pretty long now, so I'm thinking that I might say it is long enough and then finish this one off and then start working on another one so that I can have different scarves for different outfits.

This scarf is so nice to work on as it works up pretty quickly as it is just two pattern rows, so there isn't a lot of things you have to remember when working on this piece.


Other projects - I have been able to works on bits of other projects, but again nothing that is worth taking a picture of. One of my socks finally came back up, and I got a few rounds done on it, but that wasn't worth a picture this week.

I hope everyone continues to find a bit of time each day to do something for yourself.  It is very important to make sure that we find the time to recharge our own batteries before we try and help others.

Hopefully next week I will have some more progress on a few projects that I can show you. 



No comments: