Monday, June 28, 2021

Some progress this week

Dec 25 2020
Here it is the start of another week and the weather is now getting very hot and humid here in Ontario.  I guess we shouldn't complain considering it is almost July, so it is something that we deal with each year.
 
Ontario is slowly starting to reopen which is good and this week we get to open a little more, so that is wonderful news. We continue to be extremely careful when we are out and about because yes we are fully vaccinated but given the different variants we are going to continue to wear our masks and stay extremely safe.

Unleash the Butterflies - here is a project that hasn't got a lot of attention for the last couple of years.  I worked on it a little in 2020 but before that it was in 2019, so it is now time for it to get some much-needed attention. I have decided that I am going to change how I was stitching this piece, so that will also be interesting.  When I was first working on this piece I was trying to finish a page at a time, and now I am just going to enjoy stitching and see how it goes. I am now going to be trying to work over to the right side of the design so that I can see how wide it really is and then will see where I go from there.  

This isn't going to be a big focus piece for me as I have decided that I am going to try and work on getting some of the smaller pieces that I want to stitch completed.  I do hope to move this forward a bit each week but will have to see as there is another couple of large projects that I would also like to add some stitches in over the next little while.

Emily Ann Foster - here is the piece that is currently my focus as I would really like to get this one finished quickly. Over the last week this has been the piece that I picked up when I had a few minutes, and I was happy with the progress that I was able to make on it.  It is a project that is stitching up very quickly and that is probably because right now it is just one colour.  I do have one other colour to add, but I am do that once I have finished all the red that I am working on.

I hope to have this piece finished before I post need week, but time will tell.  I have been able to get quite a bit of it stitched over the last week so now to see if I can get the rest of it done. 
 

Other projects - I do have quite a few other things that I would like to work on, so that means that I am going to have to figure out how to make progress on things over the next little while.

I am now sure what I will be working on this week as I do have some other things that do need my attention so will see how things go.  I will continue to piece up something each day and even work on it for a few minutes as that does help me relax. I hope everyone else continues to find the time each day to do something that you love.  It doesn't matter for how long you do it as long as you take a bit of time for yourself each day.

If you are dealing with the heat please try and stay cool and also remember to continue to protect yourself so that we can all get back to doing all the things that we love and want to do.




No comments: