Monday, June 21, 2021

A finish and some progress

 Here it is the start of another week and the weather can't decide if it is summer or spring.  We have had the hot and humid days, and then we have had some cool days, so will see what this wee is like.

Covid-19 and the restrictions are still in place here, so it means that there isn't a lot of things that you can do.  Yes, patios are open with limited capacity and some restaurants are only taking reservations, so that makes it difficult to go out and eat when you decide late minute.  Also, people are making reservations at a number of restaurants and then decided at the last minute, so that also doesn't help.  There are some restaurants that are doing 50% reservations and 50% walk-ups and I like that idea, so until things really get back to normal we will be finding out where restaurants have that as their seating option.

We continue to work remotely, and just being able to continue to assist our clients is what is important. Now to see what we can move forward, as we both have some other ideas that we want to investigate over the next couple of months.

 Mini Forget Me Not - this has been the focus piece that I have been working on and am very happy to say that on Saturday I was able to put in the last stitch.  It has taken quite a while to finish this piece but given the size of it 10 inches x 15 inches it was going to take some time.  I started this piece on July 20th, 2020 and finished it on June 19, 2021.  There are 46,464 stitches on this piece and I enjoyed working on it when I did.  It ended up that I worked on this piece 173 days, so am happy to see that it is now finished.

 I am now going to need to figure out a frame for it, but that is something that I can do over the next little while.  I may have a frame already but am not sure as just finishing it was a major accomplishment. It felt great having it done, but then there was the thought of what am I going to work on next.  I have lots of things to work on, so that wasn't a challenge, it was just not knowing what I really wanted to do.

Emily Ann Foster - this project got bits of attention this past week because I was using it when I needed a break from Mini Forget Me Not.  It then became the piece that I worked on yesterday, as I wanted something relatively simple to do.

 I don't think this piece is going to take very long to complete because just sitting and working on it some yesterday I saw a change in it. I hope that I can continue to work on this piece and get it done soon, as I have a bunch of other projects that I want to work on, so that is something that I am going to need to try and do.

 Other projects - now that Mini Forget Me Not is done I am going to be trying to move a bunch of other projects forward in the next little while.  I hope that this week I can figure out the various projects

I hope everyone is finding a bit of time each day to do the things that you enjoy doing.  It doesn't matter how much time you spend, it is just making sure that you do something for yourself each day. This week my schedule is starting to fill up, so not sure what I will be working on, but I will ensure that I have a bit of time each day to do something for me.

Have a great week and stay safe, and hopefully next week I will have some more things to show you.



No comments: