Monday, February 22, 2021

Progress

Mini Forget Me Not - Feb 14
Here it is the start of another week and now to see how things go.  We continue to be in lockdown here in Toronto but at least with the weather that we have been having makes it a little easier.  We are still working remotely most of the time with our clients.  Our lockdown is scheduled to last at least another two weeks, but we will see if that changes.

Mini Forget Me Not - I continue to work on this piece a bit each day and am happy with the progress that I have been able to achieve. I am still working on completing some larger sections of colour.  
 
Mini Forget Me Not - Feb 21I am now almost 30% finished this piece but still have a lot of large blocks of colour to complete, but I think it is time to continue to work on getting some smaller colours added into the design. Not only that, but I am looking forward to seeing more of the overall design appear, so that is one of the reasons why I would like to start adding some other colours.

Mary Jane Fry - Feb 14Mary Jane Fry 1861 - here is a piece that got some attention last weekend and hasn't got any attention since then.  I am still working on the border.  I started to add a bit of the inside design, but I will want to make sure that the border meets up before I do too much of the overall design.  I would like to get back to working on the border so that I know everything will work out on the overall design.  

Mary Jane Fry - Feb 21
If I can spend some time on this piece this week I might be able to get more of the border done, and then I will be able to focus on getting the inside of the design stitched.  I don't think the border will take me much longer to do.  It just means that I need to focus on doing it instead of working on other projects.

I like this piece as it only have 6 colours in it, so there isn't a lot of colour changes which makes it a nice piece to sit and work on. The border is two colours so that works up relatively quickly and after that the inside doesn't look too hard.

Throw - Feb 14
English Paper Piecing - here is a project that got some good attention over the weekend.  I didn't get a lot more motifs added to the overall throw, but I did get a lot of the other motifs made.  I decided that I was going to focus on getting most of the motifs made so that I can just sit and work on adding them to the throw.  I still have another 38 motifs to make, but at least now when I sit down to sew the motifs on I can just work on that.

I am hoping to be able to get a lot of these motifs added to the throw before too long but will see how things go. If I can get back to adding the motifs I think I might be able to get this done quickly, but I seem to keep getting distracted with other projects, so that doesn't help.
Throw - Feb 21

Socks - there is no picture of the socks this week as I didn't get a lot done on either of them.  I continue to try and work on them a bit each day but haven't got much completed.  I hope this week I can find some time to work on at least one of the socks and get it closer to being finished.  I love working on my socks when I have a webinar that I need to watch and this week I know of at least one that I will be watching, so that should help move the sock forward a bit.


Please stay safe and remember to take care of yourself and those that you love.  Find a bit of time each day to do something that you enjoy doing as it does help a little.  If you are in the areas that are having crazy weather please take care and stay warm.  

I will see what I can get done this week and maybe there will be some more progress next week on some of these projects.  Until then have a good week and find some crafting time.






No comments: