Monday, February 8, 2021

Another week and some progress

Forget Me Not Jan 31It is hard to believe, but February is here, and we are still dealing with the lockdown, but I think we might finally be getting to the point where the province is going to start opening up parts of the economy again.  I hope that is true because it has been such a crazy three months for us.  Toronto has been in basically lock down since November, so it is going to be nice to maybe see things start to slowly get back to normal, or at least that is what the news is reporting this morning.
 
Forget Me Not Feb 7
Mini Forget Me Not - this project once again got a few stitches in each day and that is making me feel good.  I am slowly starting to see that I am getting the bottom section moved forward now.  I am trying to work on the larger blocks of colour so that I can at least have areas where I can start and stop the colours that are only a few stitches. 

I hope to be able to continue to move this forward even if it is just a few stitches each day.  I know that I would like to get more of this project done, so it means that I need to focus on it a little more than I have been doing.

Throw Jan 31
English Paper Piecing - here is something that did get a bit more attention this week.  I was able to get some more of the motifs added onto the throw, and it is starting to make me very happy.  I have even marked one of the corners so that I know where I am going with the overall piece.  The orange clip is a corner so that helps me to ensure that I am not adding the motifs to the wrong side of the throw.  I have all the squares cut out for the rest of the motifs so n ow to work on getting more of the motifs made and then added onto the throw.
 
Throw Feb 7The actual cutting the shirts into the squares does take quite a bit of time, so I have been doing that slowly but at least now I have the squares for this throw done and will see how things go moving forward.  I do hope that this week I can get some more of the motifs made as I am looking forward to seeing what this will look like once I have finished attaching all the motifs to it.   

Sock Feb 7
Socks - I can finally say that I have finished another sock and this one is the second one of a pair.  I am looking forward to seeing how much time I can spend on knitting this week as I would like to see if I can get the other socks that I have on the go moving forward again.  I have been working on them a bit at a time, but I haven't been getting them done as quickly as I would have liked.


This week I am going to try and see if I can move all of these projects forward a bit, but only time will tell.  I have a bunch of things that I need to work on, so that means that I will have to see what I can get done on my crafting.  I would like to see that I can continue to move my cross stitch forward a bit each day and I really want to get more of the throw done so will see how things go.

I hope everyone has a good week, and you stay safe and find a bit of time each day to do the things that you enjoy.  It doesn't matter how long you have to do what you enjoy as even a few minutes each day does move things forward, and it also helps you relax.  Have a great week and hopefully next week I will have more progress to show you.








 

No comments: