Monday, February 15, 2021

Progress and a new start

Mini Forget Me Not - Feb 7
Here it is the start of another week, and it is cold here in Ontario.  I am glad that we are able to work remotely as it means that we don't have to go out in this weather.  At least, we aren't currently getting the snow like they are in Texas, but it looks like we will get some later this week.

Covid-19 is still impacting us, and we continue to be in lockdown, but that could be changing next Monday but will see what really happens.

Mini Forget Me Not - here is the project that I worked on again this week.  What I decided to try and do was to work on some larger sections of colour and see how much of it I could get done.  I am liking the progress that I have been able to make and think I will be continuing to work up the side of the pattern for a while.  I know that there is going to be a lot of sections that I need to do later but at least getting some larger sections done and some the areas that aren't as interesting does help some. There are some colours that when you are siting you can't see much of a difference so that doesn't help.

Mini Forget Me Not - Feb 14
I am going to continue to work on this piece each day as it makes me feel good to see that even with just trying to put in a few stitches each day that I am able to get the progress in that I want. I would like to see that I have been able to continue to move this piece forward and maybe after a couple more weeks of working on the bigger sections I will go back to filling in some other smaller sections of colour again.

Mary Jane Fry - Feb 14
Mary Jane Fry - this weekend I decided it was time to start something that wasn't full coverage.  I have a few projects like this, so I picked up Mary Jane Fry and started in on the border.  It doesn't look like much yet and considering it will be 8 x 12 when it is finished it is going to take some time.  I wanted to see if I could get some border done because then just knowing that I have that correct means that I can get the rest of it done without too much trouble.  The border is two different sections, and I am currently just working on the outer border now to see what I get done this week.

Throw - Feb 7
English Paper Piecing - this weekend I decided it was time to work on getting more of the motifs added to the throw, so I sat down yesterday and continued to make some progress on it.  I am looking forward to seeing what it looks like once all the motifs have been added.

I don't have all the motifs made yet, so I bounce between making more of the motifs and adding them to the throw.  I am just over 25% complete, and it is making me feel very good.  I have had to remember that given the colours of shirts that I have it isn't going to be perfect and that doesn't bother me.  I have also had to remember that as long as two of the same colour aren't beside each other that is all that really matters.  I was overthinking this project for a while so now that I have changed my thinking it is starting to move forward a little quicker.

Socks - I continue to move a couple of my socks forward and that is making me happy as well.  I don't have a lot of progress on either of the socks but at least they are slowly moving forward.  I love having projects that I can pick up and work on while I am relaxing in the evening.

I hope everyone is staying safe and if you are in lockdown like we are you follow all the rules.  If your area is opened up a bit please also remember to be extremely careful as we all would like to get back to doing the things that we did in the past.

This week I hope that you will find a bit of time each day to do the things that you love doing.  It doesn't matter how much time you can find it is just important that you remember that you need to ensure that you take a bit of time for yourself each day.

 


No comments: