Monday, December 28, 2020

Bits of Progress

Unleash Dec 20

It's hard to believe that another week has gone by and nothing seems to have changed here in Toronto.  We are still in lockdown and now the entire province of Ontario is in lockdown for at least the next two weeks.  Toronto and southern Ontario will be locked down until around the 24th of January.

For us things haven't changed as we are still working remotely for clients and staying home as much as possible, so I am thankful I have some crafting that I love doing.

Unleash Dec 27
Unleash the Butterflies  - I didn't get a lot of stitching in on this project in the last week but at least I was able to add a few stitches to it.  I am not sure how much attention this is going to get over the next week, but it is going to be a project that I will continue to try and move forward in 2021.

It's hard to believe but 2020 is just about over, and now it is time to start thinking of what I want to work on in 2021.  I have found my love of full coverage pieces so I think you will probably be seeing more of them in the next year.


Linen and Threads Mystery SAL Dec 26
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL 2019 - I was able to pull out this project on Saturday and make a bit of progress on some butterflies.  I didn't get as much done as I would have liked but the project wasn't speaking to me, so I figured it was best not to force myself to work on it too much.

I haven't worked on this project since December 31, 2019 so now to see if I can move it forward in 2021.  It would be nice to have this piece finished, so I will see what happens in the new year.  I would like to see this project finished and framed so maybe if I can figure out a method of getting the butterflies done it might help.  I think that is something that I will try and figure out as I start to plan for 2021.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL Dec 31 2019

Covid Santa - Dec 24

Covid Santa - well this is a project that I did work on this week and as you can see I got the first one finished.  I still have to do the other one that I want to give away so that might be on the agenda for today.  

I am loving how this Santa turned out and yes his beard and hat are fluffy, and I love how it turned out. The only part that isn't metallic or fluffy is his face and mask. This was a fun piece to stitch and am now going to work on getting the other one stitched up so that I can get all four of the ornaments finished in their hoops before the start of the new year.

Sock
Socks - as you can imagine I am continuing to work on making my socks, and they have been a lot of fun.  I am going to be taking a picture of all the socks that I have made using Perfect Pair at the end of the month, so you will see how many I have done so far.  I will admit that there are going to be a lot more socks knit in 2021 as I do have a lot more of this yarn to use.


Plans for 2021

Cross stitch - will as the new year starts at the end of this week I have started to work on ideas for what I want to work on in 2021 and as I said I have enjoyed full coverage pieces so that is something that I will be working on again in 2021 and seeing what I can get done.

Knitting - Socks will continue to be something that I work on as they are something that I can work on a bit at a time and something that is great when I am attending a webinar.  I hope to also work on a shawl for myself in the next while and will see how that goes.

Crocheting - one of the projects that I would like to work on next year is to make some lapghans for a long-term care facility.  I have a lot of yarn that I don't know what to do with so making some lapghans will help the residents.

Other goals - I do have a few other goals that I want to achieve in 2021, but they aren't relating to my crafting, so I won't be posting them here. 

 

As the year comes to an end I have to say that it has been a very challenging year for most of us and hopefully 2021 will be better. We are still going to have to be extremely careful for a while until a large majority of us get the vaccine. 

I hope each of you will continue to find the time to do something for yourself each day even if it is just for a few minutes.  We have to make sure that we take care of yourselves so that we can be there to help others.  I would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year and let's hope that 2021 is better than 2020.



 

No comments: